Oven not lighting up, need help.

Page 2 of 2

Mikepier wrote:

Hmmm, You said whatever controls valve is bad. Think logic.

Have you contacted the manufacturer, or do you know someone that has a similar stove, or do you know someone who knows someone who is a repair person???

All the manufacturer tells me is that I need to get an authorized person to look at it, they are not very helpful. I have googled this stove online, and it seems a lot of people are not happy with Avanti's products. I've also searched under "oven ignition systems" and came across this excellent link: http://www.appliance411.com/faq/gas_range_ignition_systems.shtml
but not once does it mention the type of ignition system this oven has. How wierd is that? I've fixed enough stoves in to know how they work, but this stove has me wondering if it even works right from day 1.