Oven heats slowly

We have a 1990 Tappan gas oven that came with the house we bought. Sometimes the oven heats normally but recently sometimes it takes quite a long time to heat up. The other night it wouldn't heat above 375.
Any suggestions on what is causing this? Further, any suggestions about repair cost vs replacement.
Thanks in advance.
Ross Eagle
Sounds like one of your elements is bad..We had a Thermodor did the same thing..The burner in the bottom had burned out... Hope this helps..John

Won't help him. He has a gas oven.
Thermostat is probably bad.
On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 16:06:51 -0500, "John"