Oven Door Seal?

I have a 25-year-old Roper built in electric oven. The door gasket or door seal is totally shot. The gasket looks like a sleeve of some sort of heat proof fabric containing a thick cord of metal mesh. Model and part numbers have long since been obliterated. The gasket (or door seal) is about 63 inches long and looks like this:

Any ideas if a generic version of this material or this part would be available, and if so .. . . WHERE?

Reply to
Bubba

This is Turtle.

Here is one place over the internet and a picture of a Roper Stove / Oven combine To get the exact one you will need to inter your model number of the Roper oven and not my Roper oven i put in to look at.

now you can call any appliance Parts stores in your town and get a new gasket for them generally all the time. Also most every store that sells roper or Whirlpool , will order you a gasket for you.

Also here is about a 1,000 places to get these gaskets from in your area of Texas.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE