Oven door hinges locked in transit position. Won't unlock.

I just thought I'd clean the oven door of my Hygena Diplomat. Bad move.

The door removes by lifting some catches on the hinges and closing the door. Instead of closing it lifts to allow removal. So far so good.

The problem comes when I am cleaning the removed door I accidentally push the hinge. It closes and clicks in a fully retracted position, which I assume is for transit or something.

I am normally quite good working these things out but this time I'm stumped. There just doesn't seem to be any way to unlatch this hinge. I have removed it from the glass door completely to have a closer look. It's made by a company called "Nuova Star".

They have a website

no information on the website on how to unlock locked hinges. From what I can tell the hinge I have is on this page...
is model HE1S - Mod.086.

If anyone has experience with these hinges and knows how to unlock them I would much appreciate it. Thanks Fred.

Reply to
Fred Phase

From the picture, it looks like there is a spring loaded lock within the long arm section that, when closed, locks into the little notched valley on the small section. You may have to pull out the spring loaded bar to allow it to release from the notch.

Reply to
BigWallop

Yes, that fixed it. As a always the case I figured it out 10 minutes after posting!

In case anyone else gets into the same pickle, this is how to fix it...

1) Grip hinge assembly in a vice between the big spring and the arm that holds it, but not across the arm as this will deform it. This should rest on a ledge on the arm alllowing downward force. 2) Apply a flat-blade screwdriver to the ping at the end of the spring loaded lock. Press the pin to relieve the pressure on the hinge. 3) Pull the hinge out, or prise it from the back until it starts to move. 4) Extend the hinge as far out as you can.

Hope that helps someone out there :-)

Reply to
Fred Phase