Oven bulb lube

And for using on light bulbs it comes in a stick with a wooden covering so your fingers don't get dirty.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Can you put it on, in such a way that the bulb doesn't short out? Graphite is conductive.

Christ>> Tell me about light, non oily graphite. I'm not sure I've heard of >> this.

And for using on light bulbs it comes in a stick with a wooden covering so your fingers don't get dirty.

Jim

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Based upon experience in a former life working in the complaint dept. of a light bulb manufacturer, I can say that a silicone lubricant is fine (let it dry if you spray it on the base of the bulb before putting the bulb in the socket); but stay away from graphite which, as was pointed out, is electrically conductive. Yes, silicone is an insulator; but screwing the bulb into the socket scrapes enough of the silicone off to make a good electrical contact.

Tomsic

Reply to
=

Thanks, that sounds like real information.

.

Based upon experience in a former life working in the complaint dept. of a light bulb manufacturer, I can say that a silicone lubricant is fine (let it dry if you spray it on the base of the bulb before putting the bulb in the socket); but stay away from graphite which, as was pointed out, is electrically conductive. Yes, silicone is an insulator; but screwing the bulb into the socket scrapes enough of the silicone off to make a good electrical contact.

Tomsic

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

While I was t my nearby hardware store, I picked up a pack of 60's, 100's, and one 300 watt. Don't intend all if them for light. Been a while side I replaced 40 watt appliance bulbs.

My local hardware is called Bargain Corner. Been there at least 40 years.

Greg

Reply to
gregz