oven broiler isulation

what's best way to adhere the insulation strip from the oven broiler door to the inside of the door?

During a recent cleaning spree I inadvertently got the insulation all wet. Had to peel it off the door to blow dry it. Now that it's dry and the oven / broiler areas clean I am ready to put it all back together. I noticed that originally there was a lengthwise adhesive strip (?? some sort of glue??) on the door side of the insulation. Anyone know what sort of adhesive that is or suggestions for re-attaching the insulation to the door?

tia bob

Reply to
B&H

Bob,

Not sure if we're talking about a wall oven or freestanding range here, but I've had success with clear silicone sealer in gluing fiberglass insulation into place inside doors. Good to around 400F.

God bless,

Dave Harnish Dave's Repair Service New Albany, PA

snipped-for-privacy@sosbbs.com

570-363-2404

I'm a 32-year pro appliance technician, and love sharing what I've learned - in a FREE Monthly Appliance Tips Newsletter. (Back issues now posted here too!)

John 3:3

Reply to
Dave Harnish