Outside Water Faucet Problem

Hi All,

Tried to use the new outside water to wash the car on Sat and found a little problem. When I screw the hose on all the way to the spigot, even as tight as possible, it leaks and sprays water everywhere. Gasket maybe?? Not to sure, any ideas how to fix??

Thanks to all who reply!!!

RBS

Reply to
RoryBellows

Did you check the end of the hose to see if the washer was still in place?

Reply to
Ish

mine does the same thing. its a defect on mine. the threads don't go deep enough. So the turny thing is real tight but the end of the faucet doesnt hit the washer. I use a rubber o ring for a washer which is thicker than a flat washer and all is fine until I get the energy to replace the faucet.

Reply to
JMagerl

Try a good Gilmour Flexogen hose. They are great and have an O ring to stop leaks. I have very high water pressure but cant break this hose.

Reply to
ROBMURR

Where's it leaking? If it's definitely from where the hose screws on, try a new washer, or try doubling up two washers in the female hose fitting.

Some faucets have an anti-siphon device that the hose screws into; if this has failed it can leak. These also tend to spray out a bunch of water when you shut off the faucet and relieve pressure in the hose.

--Jon

Reply to
Jon

First I'd check that there is washer in the end of the hose. No matter how hard you tighten it, w/o the washer you'll get spray.

I bought one of those $2.99 "Y" fittings that have a shutoff on each side. This fits the faucet nicely, and alsogets the hose end a few inches away from the faucet so my fat little fingers can get to it to remove when needed. I keep a short 4 ft peice on old hose without a nozzle on one side of the "Y" that I use to fill watering cans (keeps from blasing the can with the force from the nozzle), while the other side has my longer hose with the sprayer/nozzle.

Reply to
mwlogs