outside deck planning

I have been working over plans for my deck. I can't find example on the net of a deck with a wrap around walkway. i can see how the main deck in installed, although a part of that extends past the header board on the house, and forms the adjoining walkway on the side of the house. I have ideas, but I need examples. My current joists are 90 degrees apart at the corner of the house at the walkway.

zek

I'm glad you used a detailed subject line for your post. If this was for an *indoor* deck, the construction methods would be very diferent. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Do you mean stairway when you say walkway?

By wrap around, do you mean you want the stair to descend next to the deck instead of away from it?

You're going to need a platform area for it.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Its wraps around to an existing concrete patio. Patio has existing steps. There is also a chimney in the walkway taking up a foot of space. Walkway is 4 feet wide. I am not sure if my main supports would be approved with what I have come up with so far, and I have not seen any plans like this yet.

zek

Patio is misleading, I meant porch.

zek

So far, I have 6 (6X6 inch) supports, between 7 foot and 6 foot heights. The main deck will be 22 X 12, with a walkway of 4 X 10. The Joists will be 90 off at the corner, and the main deck will have the header extending 4 foot past the house, and fitted on the end with a 6 X 6 support.

zek

I now hope to go further around the house. I got almost 70 feet of railing, but still can't seem to get any info on intersecting pieces of decking. I hope The Home Depot or Busy Beaver can help.

zek