Outlets with wall switches

It won't hurt them. But like unplugging such a tv, it will forget your preset stations and you'll have to scan the spectrum again, or enter each number one digit at a time.

Yes. That's what it's there for. Used to be outlets were all swtiched or not at all switched. This combination is more versatile.
mm wrote:
[snip]

Different models forget different things. Many only forget to be on, just enough forgetfulness to make them useless for remote control by switching power.
--
33 days until The winter celebration (Saturday December 25, 2010
12:00:00 AM).

Yes, you remind me. I hate that kind, because my bedroom tv is set up so I can turn it on and change the volume with a wired contol. I don't like having to use the remote, especially since the tv is always on channel 3. Sometimes I turn it off electically anyhow, if I'm sleepy, and then I have to find the remote or crawl over the bed to turn it on again.