Outlets -- which way?

why would the screw fall out? This is a ridiculous scenario.

Reply to
Steve Barker LT

WHAT industry? Hospitals? Not homes though.

Reply to
Steve Barker LT

Let's see...... when was the last time a METAL TRAY slid down my wall....

Reply to
Steve Barker LT

There's a reason the NEC doesn't address this. It would be a waste of frikkin paper and ink. Like this thread.

Reply to
Steve Barker LT

A paper clip... !! NOW it's a paper clip sliding right down the wall and behind a plug. While ago it was a metal tray... Wouldn't be deflected by the edge of the cover plate would it? LMAO!!!

Reply to
Steve Barker LT

Because people often pick up their homes & offices and shake them really hard, which loosens all sorts of hardware.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Most places that use stainless steel outlet covers often have construction going on all the time.

Vibration.

Reply to
Terry

I understand your comments now. You think this about you.

I am guessing you are not a surgeon. They use metal trays daily.

Reply to
Terry

Definitely. The holes should face inward. *Into* the room.

Reply to
mm

Just last night on Jay Leno's "Headlines" was a headline from a local paper, "Plans for new Wal-Wart under discussion."

Reply to
mm

Screws do come loose.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Edwin Pawlowski spake thus:

This is contrary to my experience, which shows me that most 3-prong plugs tend to stay in better with the grounding pin up (the opposite of the way most outlets are installed).

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Something that looks like a cancerous growth on the wall. These are usually power supplies for equipment.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Usually. There's also remote control (X10, etc..) modules and surge suppressors.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

I have several appliances with cords designed for ground-up receptacles.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

When was the last time a metal tray slid up your wall....

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

So you'd put the ground hole right in from of the others, so it becomes impossible to plug anything in without creating a short. Hope your breakers aren't the kind that don't trip.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Bingo!

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

If you're going to think of office buildings as if they were cars, boats & aircraft, then the law should forbid using screws to attach wires to outlets and switches.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You printed this thread?

Reply to