Outlets went out but no breaker is tripped

re: "All the ones I have seen with an led only lite when it is tripped or blown."

I have three different style GFCI's in my house:

1 - No LED's 2 - A Red LED that lights when it's tripped 3 - A Green LED that lights when power is applied and a Red LED that lights when it's tripped.

I guess it all depends on the manufacturer and time frame of purchase.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

r will trip and

P;ug it in yur asshole dude..or if yuo know snipped-for-privacy@aol.com she can generate 2000 volts with that sloppy dripping pussy of hers when she plugs that man mad vasgia into it..............spark fly. Tynk7@aol the chick with a dick, man made at that from MIchael Jacksons missing nose

Reply to
Tynk

If that's true, then NO WONDER mine flipped when I plugged my leaf-blower into it!

But really -- I thought it was a LOT safer to use gfci's.

Like in a basement shop with concrete floor on high-humidity day. Electric drill -- you'd plug that into a gfci, wouldn't you?

Or in a kitchen, where maybe EVERY outlet is either individually gfci'd (I gather from reading this group that that's overkill) or (better) is "downwind" of one.

Then what about, you know, a blender, cuisineart, etc. Or even a shopvac for messy times.

Reply to
David Combs

That is interesting, but if true, why does my electric power washer come with a built in GFCI?

Reply to
sligoNoSPAMjoe

Lawyers, not engineers, made that decision.

Reply to
salty

I had a pool and the outdoor electrical outlet for the pump motor had to be on a GFCI circuit by code. In addition, all of the outdoor outlets on my present house are GFCI protected. What other than a motor driven device am I going to use these outlets for?

Reply to
Worn Out Retread

Motorize items that should never be plugged into a GFCI: Sump Pump Well/Cistern Pump Refrigerator/Freezer Garage Door Opener

Reply to
Congoleum Breckenridge

Most of which are not really because they're more likely to trip a GFCI (either due to a fault in the device or the GFCI), but because the consequence of the power being cut to them is greater than the electrical risk the GFCI is protecting against, which isn't true of other devices, motors or not.

I wouldn't plug my life support equipment into a GFCI either, but I certainly am happy to know my power washer, hair dryer, trouble light, etc are on one.

Josh

Reply to
Josh

That reminds me of the plumber and the code people.

The plumber wrote to the officials and explained how acid was a great tool for clearing a drain.

They wrote back with a long winded explination why it would not work. The plumber wrote back thanking them for agreeing.

After a few more letters the authorities were frustrated and worte "It burns the ^$%% out of the pipes." The plumber finally got the idea.

If you think you know more than the people who write the national codes, maybe you should write them a lettler ...

Reply to
sligoNoSPAMjoe

I've seen that, with the cheaper bag stab outlets.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon