outlet height

In Ontario, is there anything in regulation on how high an outlet needs to be installed from the floor ? All the ones in my house seem to be around 12 inches from the ground. Thanks.

Reply to
car crash

ideally you want them all the same height, otherwise they look wierd

Reply to
hallerb

But at four feet, they are easier to use.

Reply to
HeyBub

Stay out of my garage! :-/

-- Oren

Oren

Can't say about regulations. In the US many measurements were made on the men in the military and home dimensions seem to be made to the average male.

Recent studies have been made that it may be better to put the outlets, light switches, door knobs at other heights as the older people have trouble stooping for the outlets, and reaching up for the light switches.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

I'd want a few at switch height. Those don't get hidden behind things, and are much easier to use temporarily (such as to connect something for a minute or so to see if it works). It's also good for power failure lights and night lights.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

re: reaching up for the light switches

OK, I get the "stooping for outlets part" but "reaching up for light switches"? The switches in my house are at roughly 42" (IIRC). Old people may shrink but not that much!

Reply to
DerbyDad03

think wheel or motorized chairs

Reply to