Outdoor Stairs Under Lsiging Door/Ledger

Rookie handyman here.
I need to build simple stairs under the sliding door in the back of my house.
The sliding door is about 3.5 feet off the ground, 8' wide.
I have 2 questions.
I want to attach the ledger to the brick (cinder blocks), but I'm not sure which bolts and hardware to secure it with. The ledger needs to be 8 feet wide (width of the sliginf doors), what is the general rule for spacing out each piece of securing hardware? I'm looking for specifics so I know what to ask for at the big box store.
Secondly, the bottom of the stairs. I'm not sure if I need to dig holes and pour concrete to attach each stringer to the ground, or pour a concrete pad, as I read in places. if I create a pad, could I use those pre-made contrete things that the bottom of the stringer sits in?
I'd like for these stairs to be solid, and last as long as possible.
Any help is appreciated.
On 30 Mar 2006 09:33:50 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Just steps with no landing?
No landing sir. Basically the top step would be the landing.
On 30 Mar 2006 11:08:01 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Hmm.. In that case, especially if there's a finished wall on the other side of the concrete blocks, I'd be tempted to build freestanding "bleachers", and bolt them to cement columns put in place with a power-auger using stainless brackets. Your town may require a hard surface (ie, concrete pad) at the foot of the stairs.

For 3.5 feet tall, you need a landing at the top- otherwise as people shift their feet to get leverage to open the door, they are at risk of falling backward. I'd say top 'step' needs to be 12-18 inches deep at a minimum- local code may want a full landing. Local code may also say the stairs need a railing. Pad at bottom serves 2 purposes- maintains riser height for bottom step, and avoids the bare muddy spot in the lawn. If there is a patio there, no pad needed.
Just for laughs, I'd ask local concrete flatwork company for an estimate. Something like this, they can do in their sleep, and having the right forms and such helps a lot. If it fit with style of the house, I'd look at precast self-supported stringers, which just need a shallow footer- sorta like the 'bleacher seats' other fellow mentioned. Steps could be precast concrete planks, or even weatherproofed decking boards.
aem sends...