Outdoor Radon is the problem..

The simplest way to check its calibration would be take your meter to a building where its known correct.Your local city or govenment offices are correctly tested. I would call you building inspector, or health dept, even engineer or architect, im sure they could find out their buildings radon level in a phone call and let you leave your meter there for testing. When I see a pro device costing thousands to measure any number of things and a home owner unit of hundreds I know its not going to have a low margin of error or have the quality of build

I just looked at one pro 3 for 130$ online, it says its accuracy is I believe 20% or 1pctl + - That is not accurate but a rough idea. I would think it was good when new but may not be now.
john wrote:

It's naturally occurring.
Radon is one of the byproducts of the radioactive decomposition of Uranium, which, in turn, is found in granite. Radon has a half-life of about 3.5 days, so even if it were dumped somewhere, it would be undetectable in a couple of weeks. Uranium, however, has a half-life measured in billions of years, so the rocks under your house will be producing Radon until the sun expires.
On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 16:50:49 -0500, "john"

Naturally occuring.

john wrote:

Don't panic. Radon is the latest scare after asbestos, DDT et al. It is an issue, but not too big. Companies are getting fat winding the gullible.