outdoor furniture

I have serveral wooden picnic tables and benches that stay outside all year. Now it`s time to treat them with somekind of water treatment. What do y`all use? How about Thompsons oil base water seal? Thanks for any reply
On Sat, 5 Oct 2013 03:45:47 -0700 (PDT), herb white

I've never heard anything good about Thompson's. I use Penofin oil with good results.
On Saturday, October 5, 2013 4:27:58 AM UTC-7, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Cn you still GET oil-based water seal in your state? CA outlawed it some years ago (along with oil-based porch paint, etc.etc.) and the few times I used the water-based, I was not satisfied.
HB

We need to know first -- How many seasons these have been outdoors; -- What timber they are made of; (many users judge that Pressure-Treated Lumber and some timbers, e.g. teak, cedar, need no treatment); -- How smooth the surface is. Some users think sanding smooth protects better than waterproofing stains.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

That is true. The only reason to treat them is the UV inhibitors help preserve the colors and prevent the natural graying of the wood. Depends on what you want as appearance.
"herb white" wrote in message
I have serveral wooden picnic tables and benches that stay outside all year. Now it`s time to treat them with somekind of water treatment. What do y`all use? How about Thompsons oil base water seal? Thanks for any reply
I would get rid of all the horizontal boards and replace with Trex or something like that and problem solved. WW

...other than the new problem of having furniture that no longer looks of feels like wood.

...other than the new problem of having furniture that no longer looks of feels like wood.