outdoor drain is clogged

I have an outdoor drain that leads from the gutter downspot under my front lawn and out to the sidewalk. it's become evident after a few rain events that this drain is clogged, as a new homeowner I'm not sure for how long (how was built in 1914 and in disrepair when we bought). what is a good method for cleaning out this type of drain?

Long plumber's snake (25-50 feet), high pressure nozzle from your hose, a pressure washer, maybe try to push a hose down there with the water blasting??
try pushing running garden hose up from the sidewalk exit aand then from the downspout end. if this doesnt work get a snake. how long is the run?
its important to keep your gutters clean since thats how lines clog.......