outdoor drain is clogged

I have an outdoor drain that leads from the gutter downspot under my front lawn and out to the sidewalk. it's become evident after a few rain events that this drain is clogged, as a new homeowner I'm not sure for how long (how was built in 1914 and in disrepair when we bought). what is a good method for cleaning out this type of drain?

Reply to
gsk1973

Long plumber's snake (25-50 feet), high pressure nozzle from your hose, a pressure washer, maybe try to push a hose down there with the water blasting??

Reply to
Richard Blaine

try pushing running garden hose up from the sidewalk exit aand then from the downspout end. if this doesnt work get a snake. how long is the run?

its important to keep your gutters clean since thats how lines clog.......

Reply to
hallerb