Outdoor dimmer switch

I have the need to put a dimmer on the lights that are in the ceiling of my screened-in porch. The switch that is there now is a heavy-duty outdoor on/off aluminum type that is a lever that moves like a clock-hand from a 4:00 position to a 2:00 position. The switch is in a duplex box with an on/off switch of the same type for a fan.
Are there any dimmer options for outdoor use and where can I purchase one?
Thanks in advance. -wjk
quoting:

As I know it, most of those metal outdoor switches actually have a standard toggle switch under the metel cover. All you have to do is get a toggle switch dimmer.
J > >I have the need to put a dimmer on the lights that are in the ceiling J > >of my screened-in porch. The switch that is there now is a heavy-duty J > >outdoor on/off aluminum type that is a lever that moves like a J > >clock-hand from a 4:00 position to a 2:00 position. The switch is in J > >a duplex box with an on/off switch of the same type for a fan. J > > J > >Are there any dimmer options for outdoor use and where can I purchase J > >one? J > J > As I know it, most of those metal outdoor switches actually have a standard J > toggle switch under the metel cover. All you have to do is get a toggle J > switch dimmer.
More than likely a cover for a regular toggle switch as "JM" said. Should be able to replace it with a dimmer using a toggle switch or replace the cover with one allowing a large enough cavity to place a rotary- or slide-type dimmer.
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* Forrest the Hun Chocolate all mine!
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971