outdoor dimmer switch

or weather tight dimmer switch receptical. does such a thing exist?. i would like to add some deck lighting and be able to dim the lights. home d does not carry them and googling was not helpful either thanks, cj

regular switch with built in dimmer slide right along the lever.
add weatherproof cover.
although i would probably put the dimmer indoors at a convenient location. to save it from the wild outdoor temperature swings

Offhand I cannot think of a dimmer rated for wet locations, but there are several styles of weather proof covers available.
Something like this.
http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImage/9e72186a-e218-4f1a-a6ca-018f0e0e6e95_300.jpg
--
**** Notice to Gmail users ****

Due to the large amount of Newsgroup SPAM from GMAIL accounts

Shouldn't that be GOOGLE GROUPS, rather than (or as well as) GMAIL?
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

Due to the large amount of Newsgroup SPAM from GMAIL and googlemail accounts

X10 has wireless units, I have plugs outside which I can remotely control and dim inside wirelessly, It can be set to an alarm system and your PC

Use a toggle switch dimmer with a regular waterproof switch cover. You may have to cut off the stop on the cover to get it to go all the way off.