outdoor ac fan blower

Where does one oil the fan unit on the outdoor ac unit? Do i need to unscrew the squirrel cage from the unit? The unit is a Carrier.
Thanks
david wrote:

Your unit has a squirrel cage? Most have a bladed fan, certainly my Carrier does. The blade is attached directly to the motor shaft and it is the motor that you oil. There should be an obvious oil hole at each end of the motor, if not, it is a permanently lubricated motor.
George E. Cawthon wrote:

Yeah, I would think just about any home AC unit that is still running today has a permanently lubed motor.

A squirrel cage looks like the wheels you see at pet stores that gerbils and mice and maybe squirrels use for exercise. It's like a round treadmill. It's cylindrical and all the blades are straight. It's advantage is that it is quiet, and was/is used a lot in hi-fi equipment (whether stereo or not.) so the noise of the fan won't be heard.
But one of a reasonable size can't move enough air to work for an AC.
There is one poster on this list who is opposed to permanently lubricated bearings, but the AC manufacturers are do not rely on him.