Outcome (was 2 "ground rod" questions (Thumper aka cable fault locator))

I tested this machine more today. If I power it up and then depress the little breaker in the back (which seems popped), my GFCI blows. Powered from generator, depressing the breaker button seems to power the unit's fan down and seems to shut it down altogeher until un-pressed.

I basically decided to part it out and not to sell or try it anymore in its present form. It is too dangerous at 25 kV and seems to have something wrong with it. It is absolutely not supported by associated research any more. They have no manuals, no old guys to talk to, etc.

There are some fun goodies in there, such as a 25 kV, 1.2 kW high voltage adjustable transformer (10a input), HV rectifier, huge capacitors (maybe 3 uF), 7/8" thick high voltage cable for those thumping pulse discharges, 100' single piece 1/0 gauge welding cable for grounding, about as much in smaller 1/0 gauge grounding pieces made of same cable, and also a very interesting High Voltage Vontactor to make those pulsed discharges.

I hope to learn something as I take it apart. Maybe I will post a webpage on what is inside a thumper like this, if anyone is interested.

Ignoramus23437

Reply to
Ignoramus23437