Our Siemens dishwasher won't go into the drying cycle

Hi,

Our 3 years old Siemens dishwasher with Aqua Stop and Aqua Sensor won't go into the final drying cycle. When it's almost done, the displays says "1 minute" - and so it stays forever. The machine sounds as if it is trying to pump the water out, but there is in fact no water in it. Well, except for a cupful or so below the filter plate. But as far I as remember, this is normal with a bit of water here. It's not visible unless I remove the filter.

I have an idea that the dishwasher "thinks" that it is not empty when it in fact is. And so it does never enter the next and final cycle, drying.

I have tried resetting it, but in vain.

Does anybody have some hints or ideas I could try?

Thanks a lot in advance, Martin

Reply to
marlar

Maybe I should add that when selecting a program it normally shows a suggested running time, based on the previous time for that program. But now with this problem it typically shows unrealistic short times like 26 minutes etc. But the program still takes the normal time to complete.

Reply to
marlar