Ouch! cracked Plasma TV front glass

I don't know about LG TVs but I have a 27 inch 400 buck LG monitor. I also have a 20ish 100 buck Acer monitor. The Acer has clearer text than the LG. I would not get another LG monitor.
On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 22:17:48 -0400, Metspitzer

Wow, I have a $200 LG monitor and it is sharper than any in my house or at work. I'd definitely buy another LG. I like my LG TV also, but Samsung is at least equal. My wife's Samsung monitor is not as good as my LG.
I have to wonder with any brand if they have improved or cheapened them based on the differences of our experience. My LG monitor is about 5 years old.
On 7/19/2012 6:01 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

bigger monitor.

That was very true of the CRT set with 525 lines. With flat screen technology and high definition, you get good quality even at close distance on big screens. That is why the big ass 55" and up are so popular.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Most of the time when someone reports this type of apparent issue, they are either comparing an analog signal to a digital one or have the phasing settings misadjusted on an analog input. I use my 26" LG HDTV/monitor for CAD work much of the time and it is crystal clear.

Could you point me to a site where this is discussed.........slowly :) My 27 inch is using an HDMI cable and the 20-21 is using a DVI cable. The 20 does 1080P but does not have an HDMI port.
When I first noticed the difference, the 27 was using a 20ft HDMI cable. I changed it to a 6ft HDMI that is barely long enough to reach the tower. It may have helped a little.
The program that makes the noticeable difference is Winmx. I really don't notice it using IE or FF. But with Winmx the difference is really noticeable.

manufacturer. A cheap of any brand will be poorer than a good of any other brand, with some natable exceptions where an incredibly low priced product CAN blow away its higher priced competition. Can't predict which company and model it will be from quarter to quarter though.
On 7/18/2012 10:17 PM, Metspitzer wrote:

apple an orange thing?
Metspitzer wrote:

LG most likely OEMd the LCD panel used in the Acer monitor. LG owns the largest LCD factory in the world last I knew.

expensive than the equivalent LG or Sammy. Gotta love a company who's name is "Lucky Goldstar"
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I've yet to find any "good" Panasonic gear and I've had the misfortune to use a lot of it. I recall the much maligned Goldstar brand way back when, and the fact that while everyone claimed it was a POS, the stuff just kept working flawlessly year after year.

Panasonic. I have had lots of trouble with faulty remotes. (Two in two yars) And they were VERY unhelpful. Accused me of spilling wine on it. (Never have wine in the house)

Plasma is good if you watch mostly in darkened settings. It has high reflectivity and will show the glare of lights in the room and sun coming in windows.
LED and LCD fare best in brighter conditions. Use much less energy too.
As for brands, I have one LG and three Samsung and I'd not hesitate to buy either brand again.
Want to save sales tax? www.abt.com I've bought a couple of items from them. Fast delivery, free shipping on most items.

I disagree. I find plasmas are much brighter and are viewable in a wider range of conditions.

On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 22:23:00 -0400, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Brighter, yes. But I don't want to see a reflection of the lamp in the TV background as often happens with that shiny screen.

Ed, I can't speak about Plasma since I never owned one but my Samsung LCDs have adjustments for brightness / darkness which help to a degree. I guess it's subjective to how much. To be honest, I never change my setting and it seems my (surgically aided) eyes adjust to the tv.

bow window on the side wall, and absolutely NO glare issues. Much better than the old Sanyo CRT it replaced.

I don't buy shiny front tvs or monitors. I never cared for the plasma look. Too artificial looking. I bought a cheap coby currently. It looses contrast quickly from the side. I can feel the heat from hot screens as I walk past them at dealers. Most recommend better names as far as fixing goes. At least I can adjust the custom color controls on my coby to get good color fidelity without bloated over saturated garbage, what might look impressive in the showroom, but anything but natural. oh, it takes a while after you turn it on for the controls to work, but it always turns on !!
Greg
On Wednesday, July 18, 2012 9:12:53 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

LED is a type of "back-lighting"...not a type of display in use on TVs at this point.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Are you saying you don't file a CT sales and use tax return on your out of state untaxed purchases?