OTR (over the range) microwave - vented inside or out?

Page 2 of 2

the
It
about
no - the house has never had a range hood at all...
Howie wrote:

All countertop microwaves obviously vent to the inside, so figure it out. Outside venting could reduce operation noise and would reduce smells, but I wouldn't think the hassel of setting up for outside venting would be worth it.

The vent is not for the microwave. It sits above the range and vents the stovetop.

The venting is for the stovetop beneath the microwave, not the microwave oven itself.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com
HaHaHa wrote:

OK. I was thinking under the counter, guess OTR means over the range. Not to be too flippant but damn, that's got to be a stupid idea, put your electronic stuff right above steam, smoke, and what all.