Other neighbor problems!!!!!!!!!!!!

My neighbor keeps his trees trimmed, and his dog out of my yard. He doesn't park in front of my house, either.

The problem is that I don't like it when he goes in and out of his house during the day, and I like it even less when he goes in and out during the night. Don't even ask me how mad I get when he uses his fancy schmancy electronical garage door opener instead of the front door.

Also, his porch light is way too bright. I think it's 40 watts, but could be 60. Maybe even 100, I don't really know.

Oh yeah - he has zoysia grass, and I hate that.

And another thing - he has these thingies that hang at the edge of his roof, and when it rains they collect a lot of water and divert it onto his yard. This REALLY pisses me off.

He also keeps a big black round gizmo on his deck, and sometime he sets it on fire and puts some sort of meat on it. The smell is awful. What ever happened to cooking in your kitchen and sparing the rest of us from knowing what you are going to eat that night?

PLUS when he does this he drinks beer, which is a sin.

I'll never figure out why people can't be good neighbors and get along with me; I don't ask much, and I'm not petty like they are.

Reply to
Matt

Have you thought about killing him? Might save the problem...unless he has family.

RicodJour

On 21 Jun 2005 16:05:49 -0700, "Matt" scribbled this interesting note:

Get some blinders?????

John Willis

Cool post thanks, Matt! :)

-[It sometimes smells really good and makes me hungary for what he's cooking but the sorry SOB never invites me for dinner!]-

Yeah me neither. ;)

Alvin in AZ

Reply to
alvinj

LOL! Thanks for the chuckle. Sure have been a number of morons lately who don't know how to deal with life, huh? Amazing.

Reply to
Dan C

Hey, you SOB, quit stalking me. Every time I turn on the porch light you look at me. Every time I cook on the grill you watch me and turn your nose up. I know you do this because my wife sees you when she is in the side yard sunbathing in the nude.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Sounds to me like you are a damn Yankee living in the South.

Reply to
badgolferman

You might try talking to him about it, but if he's rude enough to use that thing, he'll probably "get a hard on for you" (or whatever).

So put some roofing nails under the garage door. That'll fix him.

Somebody once blamed me for my light shining in their bedrooms at night, but I know it's not my light because they said it was a 100 watt bulb, but I have a

150 watt bulb.

Check the local zoning laws and botanical societies. If there is a law against the grass or other concern, anonymously report him to the authorities.

At night, put a bunch of maple leaves in those. A had a brother in law who did that for a neighbor - never had a problem with those thingies again.

Anonymously report him to the fire department. Tell the fire department that fire is coming out of his roof - that way they'll get there faster. A brother in law didnt' like a loud party, and he told the police that he had heard gunshots. That way he got to police to come out faster. It may work that way for you.

Ain't it awful!

Banty

Reply to
Banty

Burn him out.

Reply to
Vic Dura

Burn them out.

Reply to
Vic Dura

Nothing says respect me more than some fake bloody heads shoved onto some stakes in front of your home.

You wont have problems any more.

Reply to
BocesLib

Yeah, I had a neighbor like that once. Even had the nerve to bring me homemade jelly for Christmas presents, like I was on welfare or something and couldn't go to the store. Bastard.

Build a big fence around your yard (preferably at least 8' tall) so you don't have to look at all his yard with all that zoyzia and other stuff (neighbors like that love to put on airs and plant lots of flowers and other hoighty-toighty stuff in their yard).

Get a big dog and chain him out front of the house -- that'll keep him from trespassing in your yard and acting all touchy-feely. Pile the dog poop against the fence between your yards, preferably on his side. That'll drown out some of the smell from that stupid outdoor cooking.

Call the neighbor and complain whenever he does something that pisses you off. Most people are home from midnight to five in the morning, so that's the best time to call. Oh, and be sure to call the cops and complain about the neighbor as often as possible -- they're not doing anything 'cept eating donuts anyhow, so make 'em earn their keep.

Reply to
Andy Hill

Yea, you definitly should never ask for others opinions Dan, it might be found out that you dont know everything.

Funny I thought this NG was for homeowners to ask questions and share knowledge with other homeowners.

You know whats really amazing is the morons who dont want to read or hear about other peoples neighborly problems, yet they read the post then insult them. Go figure...

PS. Linux sucks. Get a real OS. FreeBSD moron... Matt

Reply to
MattMika

LOL! :)

Maybe so. ;)

Alvin in AZ

Reply to
alvinj

Yep.

And never talk to him as in "a meeting of the minds" instead, scream

-at- him from the middle of your yard... that's the 'merican way. :)

Alvin in AZ

Reply to
alvinj

Look at the title again, dipshit. It's to ask questions about "Home Repair", not how to get along with your neighbors. Ask your shrink about that on your next visit. Not to mention the fact that a person who doesn't know to talk to their neighbor about the trivial problems mentioned recently is a complete and utter moron.

Uh huh. What would you know about Linux?

Yeah. Looks like you know nothing about it.

Reply to
Dan C

Blah, blah, blah. The property surrounding a home and the vegetation growing on it IS part of that home. Maintenance. Repair. Whats the difference? Semantics.

My shrink? LOL. Are shrinks supposed to know a lot about whats appropriate for usenet posting? Get over yourself you intellectual Narcissus...

Maybe I(and others) stepped way over the line asking who's responsibility is what, but I did. And I got helpful and reasonable responses. Must not have been too OT. And you must have read them getting so irrate about it. Why? Dont you have some trolls to police?

Enough to know not to use it. I like my webapps and db to be secure, well, at least more secure than linux or win.

LOL, you presume because Im posting from a XP box that I know nothing about linux? Wish I could be so presumptuous, but then again I'd know I have my head up my ass if I was. You dont?

I used to use Linux: Slackware, Debian, Redhat etc, etc. Sure its free and not a bad OS per se, but it IS a substandard OS to unix, period. Matt

Reply to
MattMika

Reading ANYTHING on usenet and then bitching about it is like ordering a steak, eating it, then sending the empty plate back to the cook with a complaint.

If a person doesn't like a thread, don't read it. That's how I deal with it. YMMV.

STeve

Reply to
SteveB

Why don't we just close the newsgroup and refer to Google, then?

If this is to talk about home repairs, what in the world are all your inane posts about?

Very seldom home repair, but mostly about how other people SHOULD act and what other people SHOULD do.

Ask your shrink about this on your next visit.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Looks like you need some reading comprehension lessons too... Who said anything about asking your shrink about Usenet posting? Look at it again, dumbass, it means ask him about how to talk to your neighbors.

So you post from a windoze box? Isn't Forte Agent a "webapp"? Huh?

Sure you did. In your last post you were proclaiming BSD... now it's "unix"? LOL! Make up your mind, liar.

Reply to
Dan C