OTC Walk-in-Bath

Page 2 of 2

Walk in tubs for residential installations do not require increasing the size of the existing drain or trap.
Chuck wrote:

Of course.
Women have to be NEAR a source of running water (tub, sink, washer, etc.), possibly because they ARE a source of running water (tears, potty-time, etc.).

Saw an alternative at the Building Show in Florida last year -- it was a "bath seat" with a ceiling mounted hoist and rail that could raise, move and lower someone into an existing tub. It was probably about the same price; but lots easier to install. I don't remember the brand, but the same company had a system for getting people into and out of bed.
Tomsic

Do you specifically mean a walk in bath, as in bath tub, or have you considered a full size walk in shower?
My parents (mid-80's) recently installed a full size walk in shower. It has a curb of about 3, maybe 4 inches which my mom has no trouble negotiating, even with her knee issues. They love the full size and it was easy to install in place of the existing tub. Quality sliding doors completed the project.
They never took baths so a tub was not required.