OT You want fries with that?

McDonald's Cashier Caught on Cell Phone Video Beating Unruly Customers

Read more:

Metspitzer

Good for him! If they jumped the counter they should be physically removed and the person working there should be able to defend themselves to any extent needed. Maybe this will dissuade others from doing this sort of thing.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Poor guy goes to jail for defending himself.

Reply to
Tony Miklos

But the question remains... Was the $50 bill real or fake?

Fake ID

Unfortunately we all know how it will work out. We have to be nice to riff raff even if they want to beat our heads in. Remember the big box drug store pharmacist who was fired a few weeks back for legitimately defending himself (all recorded on video)?

Reply to
George

If he was hurt, there would be a pretty good suit against McD's for unsafe workplace conditions. I'd file a complaint with OSHA if I was hurt. Probably some sort of pain and suffering against the franchisee. I'd also go downtown and fill out an assault complaint against the person who came after me. Maybe a suit against the idiots.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Yes, yes this is true.

Having a videotape of you beating someone with a pipe probably wouldn't help your case in front of a jury, even if you did have a mark from getting slapped.

I'm also not sure how far a case against Micky D's would go for 'unsafe workplace conditions' unless you could establish that there should be checkpoints at the door to keep the crazy people out.

I'm also curious as to how many McD policies the guy violated. I know in some inner city places they won't accept bills over a twenty. That's no excuse for the Stupid Twins to jump the guy, though.

RicodJour

It's called "human resources" for a reason now, instead of "personnel". You mine the raw ore (people), and cull the obvious trash. You then smelt down those accepted to get every nanogram of productivity and extra work out of them that you can. When they screw up, or just don't do something according to Hoyle, you toss them out on the same heap with the original culls. And next day, there is a line around the block, so replacement takes usually less than four hours. That includes managers.

People are desperate today, and I sympathize and empathize with them. But I wouldn't work for any company that would treat people that way.

When I was in the union, they had a DND list, that is Do Not Dispatch. They did not want some people working for them. I had the same list of employers. Whenever I was called to work for them, I'd do the absolute basic least I had to. Mainly showing up, being present in the work area, and taking 7.75 hours to do .75 hours of work.

These companies should take a bigger hit than they do, but with all the liberals around, defending yourself is a much more grievous act than just taking a beating that could leave you brain damaged for the rest of your life. Of course, don't forget about the $11.75 weekly compensation you would get for a permanent total disability payment.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I'd like to see some of those 500# drop down clear windows that activate in .11 seconds when there's a threat. I particularly like it when the perp is caught between a falling (or rising) protection curtain, and an immovable object, like a granite counter.

That has to hurt like a big dog.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B