OT. WW2 pix.

The colors are phenomenal and the subject matter is very interesting, but the pictures are too "posed" for me. I used to work for Eastman Kodak and that has always been my complaint with any photo shoot they had on display.

It's like some photographers never heard of candid shots.

Look at the pictures of the ladies with the drills. They all show the user holding the chuck and/or the bit. Obviously posed.

The same "posed" feeling is evident across the entire set of pictures.

And now for a related musical interlude...

If you took all the girls I knew when I was single And brought them all together for one night I know they'd never match my sweet imagination And everything looks worse in black and white

Kodachrome You give us those nice bright colors You give us the greens of summers Makes you think all the world's a sunny day, oh yeah! I got a Nikon camera I love to take a photograph So Mama, don't take my Kodachrome away

Paul Simon

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Harry, you did good on this. Amazing quality after all those years. I used to shoot Kodachrome all the time. IMO, it was the best ever film. Nice piece of 1940's history there.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Harry....Those are great.I have shot thousands of Kodachrome starting when it was first available. The first had an ASA of 10. This had wonderful "blacks". Later with higher ASA were not as well liked by me. Of course now it is Pentax Digital for me. I have owned almost every Pentax SLR film camera starting with the first one. WW

Reply to
WW

Somebody else posted the same link not all that long ago...altho on further thought it may have been in a different group(?) that I'm not sure I recall your moniker in, Ed...

Definitely an era and the sense of it's "just different" now...and indeed, the passing of in particular Kodachrome and film in general is a loss as well despite the convenience of digital.

--

Reply to
dpb