(OT) WTF is this?

One issue here is, in this digital age, there is a significant delay in network show making to the local station, then the cable company, then to my box, and then to the TV. I'm not how much delay is in each of those segments, but the total delay is about 12 seconds. I.e., network shows always start about 12 seconds after the hour as determined by WWV or WWVB. Remember when you used to be able to set clocks by when shows started?

Reply to
Pat

Per snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc:

You can.

We have only OTA... In fact, it's more straightforward with OTA because the tuners used do not have to be cable-specific.

Couple these bad boyz:

plus a device to record TV (probably your PC running SageTV) and another to play back (preferably one of the SageTV little black boxes bought used), and you are in business.

I don't mean to imply that it is trivial - definitely some learning curve hours there.... but, in the end, very worthwhile IMHO.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

Per snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc:

If you use the SiliconDust device referred to in my earlier post, you don't need anything in your PC.... AND you can put a little app on your Android devices that lets you watch TV (albeit live, not recorded) on them.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

I have Direct TV and the main tv hooked to the converter box (digital recorder) is almost a full sentence ahead or behind a tv in the other room that is just hooked to one of the smaller boxes.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

Nope, on third box and they all do the same thing. All the same quirks on all of them. Trouble is when changing boxes one loses all recordings and all recording lists. Gotta go from ground zero.

Reply to
Tekkie®

(PeteCresswell) posted for all of us...

I haven't checked against a standard but all 3 boxes I had do it. I don't know why Comblast can't sync it with the turn on & turn off time for the DVR.

Reply to
Tekkie®