(OT) WTF is this?

Page 2 of 2
Per snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc:

You can.
We have only OTA... In fact, it's more straightforward with OTA because the tuners used do not have to be cable-specific.
Couple these bad boyz: http://tinyurl.com/jtrx8ao plus a device to record TV (probably your PC running SageTV) and another to play back (preferably one of the SageTV little black boxes bought used), and you are in business.
I don't mean to imply that it is trivial - definitely some learning curve hours there.... but, in the end, very worthwhile IMHO.
--
Pete Cresswell

On 1/22/2016 10:44 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

Game itself is free. The money stream is either from advertising or in-app purchases. Some games allow you to buy extra lives, or extra ammo for a buck or two. While you think that is trivial, the good games can be installed on tens of millions of phones, notebooks, etc.

That is what Candy Crush is. You can run the game for free but you have to buy extra candy (or whatever) when you lose. I think you get a small ration every day for free but, evidently, some people are not willing to stop when they run out. I have never actually seen it but my wife knows some CC addicts,

Some Muslim cleric should ban candy crush like they did chess in Saudi Arabia for being addictive. I've never played CC but I don't have an addictive personality.
--
Usenet Reader for Android
http://android.newsgroupstats.hk
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes:

Nope.
King is just one company among many.
I guess the OP (you?) are just too cool to play a match 3. Your loss. Some of us appreciate the mindless distraction and frankly, amazing graphics, sound, artwork, cleverness.
--
Dan Espen