OT: WTB - BetaMax Player

I know this is off topic but I'm hoping someone has one of these laying around. I need to convert a lot of old Beta Player (BetaMax) tapes to DVD and I need to buy a player from someone.
If you have one or know of someone who might be interested inparting with it, have them email me at snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com
Thanks!
Lannie

ebay
Been there done that. They all end up way to high or horrible shipping.
LS

Try an auction that specializes in estate sales.
We got the Beta original of our wedding copied to DVD at Walgreen's drugstore. The quality wasn't that good, perhaps because the tape hadn't been played and rewound in almost twenty years and therefore suffered from "print through" (we've never owned a Beta machine). The VHS copy that had been played a few times produced a better-quality DVD.
My point is that a little-played tape (if that is what you have) may not give you a very good DVD.
Perce
On 02/14/05 05:45 pm LS tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

I know how to copy, edit, filter and repair video.
LS

Well, La-Dee-F*cking-DAH!!!
Maybe you can pull a BetaMax player OUT OF YOUR ASS, then.
Someone makes a comment to you about possible quality problems they have had and then YOU get all high and mighty with them.
You are a tight ass, too! Won't pay for what someone is selling on eBay, yet you expect someone here to GIVE you one for free??!!!
Blow it out yer ass, douchebag......
Red Neckerson wrote:

Well said!
Don

Lighten up.
The original post said "I need to buy a player from someone". He's not asking for someone to give him one.
Have a cold brew and relax.
I would buy one on EBay, use it, and then put it back on EBAY when I was done with it. What could be more simpler than that??
wrote

had
yet
asking
Holy crap, isn't recess over?? :)
wrote

LS wrote:

At the risk of stating the obvious:' http://search.ebay.com/sony-betamax_W0QQsofocusZbsQQsbrftogZ1QQfromZR10QQfclZ3QQcatrefZC5QQfrppZ50QQcatrefZC6QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsadisZ200QQfposZ3 3715QQfsopZ1QQfsooZ1QQcoactionZcompareQQcopagenumZ1QQcoentrypageZsearch
I have one but I am sure it needs a tune up. I haven't turned it on in 20 years and I am sure the belts are flaky. Shipping will be more than it is worth

On 2/14/2005 5:45 PM US(ET), LS took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

http://search.ebay.com/betamax_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8
--
Bill