OT: WTB - BetaMax Player

ebay

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

We got the Beta original of our wedding copied to DVD at Walgreen's drugstore. The quality wasn't that good, perhaps because the tape hadn't been played and rewound in almost twenty years and therefore suffered from "print through" (we've never owned a Beta machine). The VHS copy that had been played a few times produced a better-quality DVD.

My point is that a little-played tape (if that is what you have) may not give you a very good DVD.

Perce

On 02/14/05 05:45 pm LS tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Well said!

Don

Reply to
Don Gares

I know this is off topic but I'm hoping someone has one of these laying around. I need to convert a lot of old Beta Player (BetaMax) tapes to DVD and I need to buy a player from someone.

If you have one or know of someone who might be interested inparting with it, have them email me at snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com

Thanks!

Lannie

Reply to
LS

At the risk of stating the obvious:'

Travis Jordan

Been there done that. They all end up way to high or horrible shipping.

Reply to
LS

I know how to copy, edit, filter and repair video.

Reply to
LS

"LS" wrote

Well, La-Dee-F*cking-DAH!!!

Maybe you can pull a BetaMax player OUT OF YOUR ASS, then.

Someone makes a comment to you about possible quality problems they have had and then YOU get all high and mighty with them.

You are a tight ass, too! Won't pay for what someone is selling on eBay, yet you expect someone here to GIVE you one for free??!!!

Blow it out yer ass, douchebag......

Reply to
Red Neckerson

Try an auction that specializes in estate sales.

Reply to
3rd eye

Lighten up.

The original post said "I need to buy a player from someone". He's not asking for someone to give him one.

Have a cold brew and relax.

Doug Miller

I would buy one on EBay, use it, and then put it back on EBAY when I was done with it. What could be more simpler than that??

Reply to
Bob

I have one but I am sure it needs a tune up. I haven't turned it on in

20 years and I am sure the belts are flaky. Shipping will be more than it is worth

Reply to
Greg

On 2/14/2005 5:45 PM US(ET), LS took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

willshak

Holy crap, isn't recess over?? :)

Reply to
LS