OT. Worst U.S. blizzards

Page 2 of 6

Variable solar flux.
Country wrote:

Solar output isn't constant as krw mentioned. I read recently that no one is really sure how clouds affect the earth's temperature. I think the article said even the IPCC admitted their ignorance on the subject. I wonder what the time lag is for a temperature change from either.

What part of "global" do you not understand?
It's 70 deg in my backyard today. Go feel an elephant's balls and describe the whole beast.
"EXTREMES" are part of the prediction. Sheesh.
-Zz

What part of "anything that happens" is a symptom of "global warming" did you not understand?

Ah, because it was 70F in your back yard (and mine) it's "global warming". Because it's the snowiest Winter in NYC history, it's "global warming". I think you've made my point rather well.

You are part of the prediction, sure.

No, because I understand the word "global"; clearly you don't. And you clearly don't understand how global warming is manifest. 70 deg in my back yard is not "global", but it's as significant as the snow in NYC. A cold winter or big snow in the east coast is not "global" either.
I can't understand why people like you are so captured by conspiracy theory.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/01/110120111252.htm http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/01/110127141659.htm http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/11/081106153534.htm http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/11/101128220357.htm http://green.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/28/arctic-waters-warmer-than-in-2000-years/?scp &sq=global%20warming&st=cse http://www.climatehotmap.org/antarctica.html http://www.bionomicfuel.com/global-warming-effect-on-antarctica /

Idiot, you made the same error you're chastising others for. The fact that you snipped it out is telling, though.

You're a damned fool.
<press releases snipped>

I was only chastising you.

I'm a damn-well educated person with the ability to reason and comprehend "global".

You're illiterate, too.
"krw att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" <krw att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz> wrote:

Says one of UseNet's most active nym-shifting trolls.
--

You're such a liar.

It is, though I would substitute "leftist" for "liberal".

Yes, Mr Pot.

My favorite was a couple of years ago when they predicted a really bad hurricane season and just about nothing happened. Turned out THAT, too was the result global warming kicking up sand storms in Africa and the dust particles had some kind of effect on hurricane formation. So, if climate change can be used to justify both a prediction AND the prediction not coming true....
On 1/30/2011 4:50 AM Kurt Ullman spake thus:

Well, as you know, and as climate scientists damn well know, predicting weather on that scale is about as reliable as predicting earthquakes.

that this year's impending doom is the direct result of climate change.. until it isn't.

Excellent retort - ROTFLMFAO!

Normal rational people know that.
I am entertained by the nightly news.
"Here today in Midlothian, we had a high of 72 and a low of 51. The record for this date was a high of 127 in 1931, and -9 degrees in 1943." I guess there was global warming/cooling back then, but it just didn't have AlGore yet to hype it.
Steve
HEY, THERE, GETCHER CARBON CREDITS BEFORE THE EVIL REPUBLICANS SNATCH THEM ALL UP ...................
In

yabuut, it's goin to be in the twenties by midweek.

There's that warming thing again. Getting up into pruning weather here.
Steve
In

Warming my ass, it's goin to be cold again and you ain't far from me(dfw) I know come Tuesday/Wed we're suppose to get rain/ice mix. I'm with you though, yesterday sure was nice
On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 16:48:24 -0800, "Steve B"

For us here in north west Alabama, it's not working well at all. This is the coldest/snowiest winter anyone can remember for the past 35 years. I'm ready for global warming to kick in. The sooner the better.