OT Word Mangler

Page 1 of 2

Regardless of your political views, if you're a fan of world class word mangling, check this guy out. He has a degrees in literature and "jornalism" - whatever that is!
http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/viewArticle.asp?articleID 967

I'm amased at all the right wingers that insist on claiming that Kerry intended to offend the troops when it is WELL documented that he mearly mangled a bad joke about Bush. The real joke is printed in his pre-released speach notes. These people KNOW he meant no offense to anyone but Bush, they just choose to ignore that to take political advantage.
Bob

You got a URL or other place to find this. Just wanta read it for myself instead of trusting either you or the American Chronicle.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061102/OPINION01/611020414/1068
"I can't overstress the importance of a great education. Do you know where you end up if you don't study, if you aren't smart, if you're intellectually lazy? You end up getting us stuck in a war in Iraq. Just ask President Bush."

"Prepared text" my a$$ -- that so-called "prepared" text was released about a day and a half *after* the speech.
--
Regards,
On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 03:07:07 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Yeah well, they needed some time to prepare it. <G>

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061102/OPINION01/611020414/1068
That may be true, but the arrogant SOB did not come right out and say he made a mistake. instead, he insisted that he would not apologize to Bush for what he said. Had he come down from his high horse and immediately set the record straight, it would be done and over within an hour. I'm no supporter of Bush, but I certainly would not want Kerry as out leader.
Since he can't read prepared text properly, he should get Laura Bush to give him lessons.

Maybe Bush himself should teach him. He always speaks so well. Makes me so proud to be an American.
Bob

Baloney. That's not documented at all.

.. which, oddly enough, don't seem to have been released until *after* Kerry touched off a firestorm by insulting U.S. military personnel _yet_again_.

Oh, get off it. Kerry has a long and documented history of contempt for the military, and it's pretty plain that he meant exactly what he said.

--
Regards,

Just as I said. You can ignore the facts and continue, or go look it up and find out the truth. I know which you'll chose. You could look up the whole speach. The context makes a big difference.
Kerry has done way more to support the military than Bush.
Bob

You are clearly *much* too far out of touch with reality to bother arguing with.
--
Regards,
In Kerry's defense, he meant this as a jab against Bush.

What did he "mean" to say when he said our troops were going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night terrorizing women and children?
GWB wrote:

Who cares?
Fine. Kerry's a jerk, insulted the troops and he's a schmuck - BFD. Or, Kerry misspoke himself and he's a true American. Same result - BFD.
He's not running for office, the guy is as stiff as a board, couldn't differentiate between Karl and Groucho Marx, and this whole OBSESSION with some stupid comment, whether intentional or not, is absurd.
Why not concentrate on the things that are BFD's instead of puffing up a stupid comment to make an argument?
That's not a rhetorical question. Anyone? Anyone at all?

a certain number of people aren't gonna like no matter what it is?

The goal is to distract the discussion from the disaster of the Iraq war. It's not an obsession - it's straight out partisan politics.
Bob
Bob F wrote:

I'm sure you're not telling me about what my "goal" was in starting this thread. Only an idiot would try to tell me what my goal was, and I'm sure you're not an idiot. I posted it as a laugh about how someone could mangle the language.
I'll refresh your memory. I wrote in the original post: "Regardless of your political views, if you're a fan of world class word mangling, check this guy out. He has a degrees in literature and "jornalism" - whatever that is!"
Notice the part about regardless of political views? I was hoping that someone would get a laugh. That was my "goal". Instead all I got were armchair pundits batting a dead ball back and forth. I didn't get one laugh, not a single reply with anything other than the usual political bullshit. It's sad.
You have your convictions and you're welcome to them. You will of course exercise your right to vote and I'm sure you're aware that that is the _only_ way that you will persuade anyone of anything in the political arena. Votes count - the rest is just blowing smoke.
This thread is hereby terminated. Anyone posting beyond this point _is_ obsessed and should seek help and work at developing a sense of humor.
wrote in message

Kerry left one word, "us" out of his joke. Is the the mangling you speak of? I read a bit of the article, and found nothing remotely funny in it. Maybe you'd care to point it out.
Bob

Interesting that you cut out that part about anyone posting afterwards was officially obsessed.