OT With three wives, why was his place so messy?

OT With three wives, why was his place so messy?

It looked like a college dorm. Not just in the video the SEALS took but in his own vide. The power strip was on the floor in *front* of the little tv.

I heard that his wife hadn't left the (2nd and?) 3rd floor in 5 years. So she had plenty of time to clean.

Stuff all over the floor.

Reply to
mm

Good questions. It's also not exactly the mansion the whole place was made out to be the first day or two. It was being described as costing $1mil to build. Also, for something that was built only

5 years ago, it looks like an old tenament. You'd think with all his money he could afford a decent large screen TV.

The other big mystery is why he didn't go down in a gun fight. I heard one report that an AK47 and Russian pistol were nearby him in the bedroom. It looks like he decided to be taken alive. Guess all those reports about enhanced interrogation at Gitmo didn't impress him as much as it did the libs.

Reply to
trader4

they should of taken him alive, the coming terrorism here was preventable, if we had the mastermind safely in supermax somewhere. we could of learned enough to hurt the group bad perhaps a mortal blow. the troops who attacked him should of had some non lethal tools, llike a shooting stun gun, to disable but not kill him

eventually killing bin laden will be seen as the greatest failure of the obama adminstration. and i like obama usually. this was a screw up of unbelievable size

Reply to
bob haller

OBL would have been in the headlines for the next 20 years if he had been taken alive. In addition, we'd have to feed and house him. Should be some interesting interviews with the wives some day :o)

He didn't come out shooting for the same reason he killed people and sent others on suicide missions. For the same reason he kept three wives and x number of children in his home...he was a freaking, psychopathic coward with no regard for other human beings. He couldn't resist publicity and notoriety, and even dyed his beard to "enhance" his image. Twerp.

Reply to
norminn

Ever try to stay at a motel run by a Pakistani?

BTW, OBL was there five years too. WTF can't he bother to clean a little bit either?

-C-

Reply to
Country

"bob haller" wrote

My guess is that he'd never talk, just gloat about his success. We'll never know though. He could also have been orchestrating things even in the most secure prison with the use of some code in what would eventually be released.

We'll see. The quick burial at sea was smart though. A ground burial would have been a monument for his followers.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

re: "...the coming terrorism here was preventable..."

Really? Do you think the same groups from which you fear retaliation for his death would have just shrugged their shoulders and said. "Darn...they captured him. That really sucks. Oh, well, they win. Good game, America! Thank you officials, Thank you fans."

Can you imagine the sheer enormity of keeping Bin Laden in detention

*and* keeping our country safe from "Give him back or we blow up (insert whatever you don't want blown up here)"?

Either way - dead or captured - if they're coming, they're coming. This way, that's all we need to deal with without the added burden of keeping Bin Laden in detention.

High Fives for Seal Team 6.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

And tried him how and where? Congress won't let any of these people be tried in a real court, and the military tribunals can't seem to get out of the starting block. They have No Idea what they are gonna do with the ones that they can't try (due to exposing intel assets), but don't dare let go. Guess GTMO is gonna go down in history as USA's Spandau Prison.

I don't know if the SEALs had kill orders from the get-go, and I'm sure there is no official record. Personally, I'd like to have seen him staked out in lower Manhattan (with pigskin straps), and then all the local and federal law enforcement folks go out for a beer and leave him to the mercy of the local population. But, being a (mostly) civilized nation, we're not allowed to do that.

As to gaining useful intel- they did grab all the papers and electronic records on site. OBL doesn't seem to have been much more than a figurehead at this point, not really connected to upcoming ops anyway. Leastways, that is how the MSM reports it.

Reply to
aemeijers

And he knew they were coming because the gunfight from the outside and in the other house went on for at least 20 minutes iiuc, and he could hear the shooting. I guess he could have gone down the back stairs if there weren't SEALS and a wall around the whole place.

Derby beat me to it, but if he was in custody in the US Or under US control, there would be kidnappings and We'll kill them if you don't let him go, there would be conditional terrorist acts for as long as El Quesadilla could manage to carry them ou8t and Ladin was still alive.

Reply to
mm

I was going to complain about the messy bed until I realized he had been sleeping.

Yes, I was joking when I emphasized the wives. This *is* a mostly male group, and we have to have our fun.

Reply to
mm

Who you talking about?

Reply to
A. Baum

info from bin laden cou;ld of helped decapitate the organization. Its public knowledge that info from captured leadership helped uncover bin laden, imagine bin laden revealing infop on the remaining leadership.

Hey bin you want a little more food and a koran? give us your organizational chart.....

bin you want some tv? tell us all your insider info. must be tough living in a windowless soundproof box 27 / 7 with no tv no radio, and only 2 cups of tasteless nutrion drink a day.......

information can improve that a little:)

Reply to
bob haller

Given the trade off of keeping him alive on the *hope* that some food and a Koran would make him spill his guts and having to deal with all of the other stuff that would go along with keeping him alive on the

*hope* that some food and a Koran would make him spill his guts, I'm glad we skipped ahead and spilled his guts...errr...I mean...his brains for him.
Reply to
DerbyDad03

absolutely wrong

Reply to
me

Charlie Sheen, I think.

-C-

Reply to
Country

me

I wonder how differently the raid would have gone if it had been an FBI or SWAT operation. I bet SEALs don't spend alot of time on "drop your weapon and put up your hands".

Justice, in my mind, would have involved placing OBL in a 400+ foot tower then setting it on fire and letting him decide whether to jump to his death or burn to death. Unfortunately, he could only do that once instead of once for each person he forced to make that horrific choice.

Fake ID

Actually, when he saw who was coming at him, he turned and headed back into the bedroom, presumably to retrieve his weapons, but the Seals blasted him first. Wonder if he was shot in the back?

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Exactly. I'll bet Bob is against enhanced interrogation too. And given that Obama is too, there is no reason to believe that Bin Laden was going to suddenly rat out all of Al Qaeda. We did get a lot of information in the form of documents, videos, and 3TB of PC data. The Pakistanis have his 3 wives under interrogation. Hopefully all that will lead to eliminating more terrorists buddies of his, regardless of whether we have Bin LAden or not.

As far as holding him and going through trials which would take countless years, it doesn't take too much imagination to see what could easily happen. We wake up one morning to find a hotel or airliner with 200 people being held hostage by terrorists hoping to bargain for Bin Ladens' release. We know based on everything Al-Qaeda has already done that they are perfectly capable of doing it. Do we really need to have Obama faced with this kind of national crisis?

Reply to
trader4

That account is according to whom? From the timeline I've seen, he was killed halfway into the total operation time of 40 mins. Meaning he didn't have to see who was coming. He heard automatic weapons fire, explosives taking down his walls, choppers, etc for a good fifteen minutes or more. Had he wanted to arm himself, he had plenty of time to do so.

Reply to
trader4