OT Wisconsin public workers

Page 4 of 5

It's really simple. Large corporations like big government so contribute to the Demonicrats. Small companies are, in general, the opposite.
Add pictures here
βœ–

http://www.opensecrets.org/bigpicture/topcontribs.php
Add pictures here
βœ–

Run away, that seems to always be the answer for Democrats. They pulled the same stupid stunt in Texas a few years ago and most of them were kicked out of office in the next two elections. I appears that the unions idea of "Public Servants" is to make the public their servants.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 2/21/2011 8:32 PM, BobR wrote:

result of the re-districting that was in favor of the republicans?
I know there were fewer dems as a result of the republicans redistricting. I've wondered how the dems fared after the redistricting where D vs. D wasn't an issue in an election. How many were re-elected?
Zizzle that Fire - it's Zizzle Time !!!!!!!
βœ–
gmail.com>  wrote:

This last election saw a lot of so called safe Democrat districts going Republican with some long term representatives being voted out. A lot of people were really embarassed by the way their elected officials acted both then and now.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 2/21/2011 10:03 PM, BobR wrote:

texas walkout after an election?
Zizzle that Fire - it's Zizzle Time !!!!!!!
βœ–

You can do the research if you want but I live here and observed the results first hand, why do I need articles based on others observations?
However, just to give you a clue the mix of Dems to Republicans was approximately 50x50 in the last session and is now 67% Republican. Now if the Dems walk out as they did in 2003 they won't even be able to keep a vote from being taken.
Add pictures here
βœ–
dilbert firestorm wrote:

If you mean the "walkout" preceding the 2003 redistricting,
Before redistricting: 17-15 Dem After redistricting: 21-11 Rep
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 2/24/2011 5:04 PM, HeyBub wrote:

Zizzle that Fire - it's Zizzle Time !!!!!!!
βœ–
dilbert firestorm wrote:

Well, all of them. Some didn't even have a Republican opponent, like Shelia Jackson Lee.
Add pictures here
βœ–

You don't waste money trying to get a Republican elected in a 100% democratic district, especially one who would elect that witch in the first place.
Add pictures here
βœ–

off to pout. My favorite local politician a few years ago actually said on the record that an upcoming election was important "because it will allow the winner to gerrymander the districts THEIR way."
βœ–

True, and this time it's very well financed by the reactionary Koch brothers of Texas. They are also prime funders of the "tea party" movement. A classic example of powerful interests taking advantage of ignorant/frightened people as "useful idiots".
This is being watched all over the country. If a formerly progressive state like Wisconsin can cave to union-busters, our corporate masters in other states will gleefully move to reclaim their baronial rights to treat human beings as wage slaves.
We still have a democracy -- on paper -- but in practice, we are rapidly morphing into a plutocracy. Money buys anything -- legislatures, Congress, judges, the Supreme Court. Oh, what a falling off is there. The Founders must be spinning in their graves.
HB
Add pictures here
βœ–
Higgs Boson wrote:

"Corporate masters" are not involved in Wisconsin. The union protesters are engaged with the government.
As our president said, "Elections have consequences..."

The founders of the United States WERE plutocrats.
The word "democracy" does not appear in the Constitution; "republican" does.
Add pictures here
βœ–
harry wrote:

The DOD portion of the U.S. budget is 20%, not fifty.
Don't know how many bases we have outside the US, but we have 57 in the UK.
I'm sure the local folks appreciate the money these bases provide the local economy.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 02/23/11 10:42 am, HeyBub wrote:

How much do these bases contribute to the local economy? We visited US military friends in Germany many years ago. The only place they shopped was the PX (would it have sold many local products, or would they all have been shipped in from the US?), they spoke and understood little or no German, and they did very little traveling there. The military wife was amazed that my wife was able to buy a train ticket without knowing a word of German.
OTOH, the base might have employed some local people, but I don't have certain knowledge of that.
US military personnel in the UK might get around more, there being a vague similarity between the languages. :-)
Perce
Add pictures here
βœ–
Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

The local base has to buy local electricity, fuel, (some) food. Construction and repair often use local labor and materials.
Then there's taxes and prostitution (but I repeat myself).
Add pictures here
βœ–

fuel, maintenance supplies for non-combat stuff such as plumbing replacements, cleaning supplies, they usually employ fair number of locals for general work, etc.
βœ–

That must be an old legend/story
You can't really title a foreign car here until it gets certified as meeting all of the American safety and emission standards. That can easily cost as much as the car is worth, just for the certification testing, even if it passes all the tests. I suspect it might actually be the foreign car manufacturers who contribute to this bureaucracy because they have the same problem with their export models.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 13:11:21 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Yep, that's old stuff. My first Med cruise in '64 I got snagged by a Triumph Spitfire salesman they allowed aboard ship to sell them. Think we were in Naples. Can't remember what port it would be shipped to, but at that time there were none on the inspections you're talking about. Put $500 down. The Navy kindly arranged to have it taken from my pay. I backed out and lost the $500 before it was shipped. Think my ma convinced me to kill it when I got back to the States. I was 17 years old. She was the smart one. Basically it was contract default by not taking a needed action. The needed action was to cough up more money. No big deal. Just half a year's worth of Navy pay. Didn't even notice it gone.
--Vic
Add pictures here
βœ–