OT. Windows 10 Ad Removal

This is from the WattsUpWithThat climate site.

It talks about some nusiance Windows 10 upgrade notice and how to get rid ot it.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Merci, Grazie, Dank u, Gracias and of course, Thank you.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Probably, and that's another reason I have updates set to never check. At least the next time I check I'll know what to look for and "Hide."

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Worked, but gave me a scare. When it rebooted it looked like it was not going to boot, but a second restart was perfect.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Those bastards are at it again!

There is yet another update, different number than KB3035583, that adds their bull shit advertising to the system tray.

Probably the easiest way to not see their crap in the system tray is to "Hide icon and notification." It doesn't remove it but at least I don't see it any more.

This Windows bull shit is ALMOST as bad as that asshole at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway