OT Win 10

Turned off all the privacy settings, those that gather info.
Now machine turns off normally without taking a minute or two to send stuff to them.
Still think MS has made a serious mistake. They think the main complaint with Win 8 was people not seeing their standard start up. I think their mistake was being too intrusive with user.
I bought your product - quit pestering me.
On Sunday, August 30, 2015 at 11:58:34 AM UTC-4, Frank wrote:

Where do you click to find the privacy settings?
Paul
On 8/31/2015 4:12 PM, Pavel314 wrote:

Panel will all you to kill what you do not want to be shared.
--
Froz...

Quando omni flunkus, moritati
On 8/31/2015 4:12 PM, Pavel314 wrote:

Little window icon on bottom left, click on and click on settings then privacy settings.
On Monday, August 31, 2015 at 6:30:53 PM UTC-4, Frank wrote:

Thank you.
I want to go back to "XP"
"Frank" wrote in message
Turned off all the privacy settings, those that gather info.
Now machine turns off normally without taking a minute or two to send stuff to them.
Still think MS has made a serious mistake. They think the main complaint with Win 8 was people not seeing their standard start up. I think their mistake was being too intrusive with user.
I bought your product - quit pestering me.
tony944 wrote:

Intrusion of privacy is going n since day 1 of Internet. Only becomes an issue with W10? Your cell phone, land line phone, are secure? Your banks, CC companies. credit bureau all holdsw your profiles, what's new?

Right. The problem comes from MS pointing out what is being "spied" on, and telling you how to turn it off. Google, Apple, etc do the same thing. It's in the EULA. They probably don't offer you as many options to disable what they "spy" on. To keep everything "secret," stay off the internet.
Vic Smith wrote:

box. One can play with heart's content with this and that. Even top secret government/military systems are not 100% secure. It is just harder to hack. Man writes programs, man can break/hack it.
On 9/7/2015 4:34 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

It's hard to know exactly what's been going on. My impression is that service providers like google track where you go and what you do online. When I'm browsing the web, I'm in a public place and have no expectation of privacy. I weigh the cost/benefit of disclosing personal information at MY DISCRETION.
If I understand correctly, M$ will go inside my computer and EXTRACT whatever they want for any reason WITHOUT asking me...beyond that TOS that I must agree to to use the product. That is UNACCEPTABLE!
If I rent a house, the owner has the right to drive by and inspect the property. IF he breaks in and tries to take stuff, he's gonna have some lead in him if/when he leaves.
Try to tell me you believe differently.
On 09/08/2015 04:26 AM, mike wrote:

Linux is the answer.