OT - why Romney was not elected

Page 1 of 5

Romney said, "When I'm elected, I will put Americans back to work."
and 51% said, "Screw That!!"

no he said let the poor and what remains of the middle class pay the bills, while i cut long term capital gains taxes to ZERO for the wealthy.....
his wealthy buddies learned the couldnt buy the election......

If you're going to be against Romney, you could at least inform yourself enough to get the basic facts right. Romney didn't propose cutting the capital gains tax to zero for the wealthy. He proposed cutting it to zero for those making under $200K a year.
As for making the middle class carry the tax burden, nothing that Romney proposed would have changed the fact that the top 5% of income earners are paying 60% of the tax burden. Facts are stubborn things.
On 12/10/2012 6:40 AM, Frank wrote:

That would be the Republicans, whom the Democratic taxpayers have been carrying all these years. The ten highest tax revenue producing states are all blue; the big tax takers are all red. Seventy percent of the counties in the US with the fastest food stamp growth voted Republican.
"By nearly every measure, people who live in the blue states are healthier, wealthier, and generally better off than people in the red states," according to The New Republics Jonathan Cohn.
Republican states not only benefit most from government support, their policies create the need for food stamps in the first place.
-- "The GOP Is The Food Stamp Party" http://www.nationalmemo.com/the-gop-is-the-food-stamp-party /

He meant for them to be pickin' cotton. Until he could dream up another war and needed some cannon fodder.

# He meant for them to be pickin' cotton.
Really ? Where ? Out of the ears of idiots like you ?
# # Until he could dream up another war and needed some cannon fodder. #
Funny how it was the Democrats who needed to get into WWII to recover from the very same damage that Obama is doing now.
Poor harry, ignorant of history too..
On 12/11/2012 11:48 AM, Attila Iskander wrote:

As I remember FDR was doing everything to avoid the war(s). Remember Lend-Lease?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lend-Lease
Then a little thing called "Pearl Harbor" happened, to Church Hill's delight.

He wasn't trying to avoid war at all, rather the opposite. The country was in no mood for it and had to be pulled into it by its ears.

...and yanked the ears hard.

Never heard of Mr. Hill. Funny first name, too.

If we didn't want a war we would not have blockaded Japan and tossed our lot in with UK. I think the only surprise was Pearl Harbor, we expected the Philippines and maybe some other far flung possessions although there are some who think we did expect Pearl and that is why we had the carriers at sea.
I think sinking the Bismark with a couple obsolete WW1 bi planes pretty much demonstrated battleships were obsolete.

But not carriers. :-)
Yeah, I've heard this argument too. My mom was alive at the time and that's her take on it. But I don't think anyone knows for sure.

We are still here. The Romans have long gone. Unless you're counting Berlesconi.
You have always been enslaved/brainwashed by your government.
On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 00:19:47 -0800 (PST), harry

The Scots are the ones who stopped the Romans. Hadrian gave up and built a wall when he got there.

I do understand "wall duty" wasn't all that bad up there. Since they had declared that this was as far as they were advancing the Scots were more than happy to trade thing with the Romans and the Romans were happy not to be fighting all the time.
On Dec 14, 12:03am, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Back then, there was no such place as Scotland or Scots. Don't take your Hollywood drivel seriously. It is 99.9% lies.
On 12/14/2012 1:48 AM, harry wrote:

Well heck Harry, you believe the Hollywood version of The United States. You watch a Quentin Tarantino movie and think that's the way all of America must be and the way all Americans must behave. ^_^
TDD
On Dec 14, 10:00am, The Daring Dufas <the-daring-du...@stinky- finger.net> wrote:

The Hollywood version of the USA is one you would like to be and like everyone to think you are. Something like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov-UBvZLPGY

bigotry in message wrote:

# The Hollywood version of the USA is one you would like to be # and like everyone to think you are. # Something like this. #
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov-UBvZLPGY

There you go proving once again that you're just an ignorant bigot. Just for the record harry, Bonanza was FICTION that was positioned in the mid to late 1800, which was over 100 years ago...
poor pathetic harry.

I know that. But it is the idealised, imaginary, shithead heroic lifestyle. Ten gallon hats, sixshooters and shitferbrains.

# I know that. But it is the idealised, imaginary, shithead heroic # lifestyle. # Ten gallon hats, sixshooters and shitferbrains.
The ONLY one here living that fantasy is you. Clearly you have never met ANYONE who has a permit to carry or who carries.
I would suggest that you stop confusing your ignorant, bigoted and prejudiced fantasies with reality They are NOT related in any way shape or form.

A goat herd can kill Americans with machine guns.