OT - Why Are Individual Jack Stands Marked With The Rating For The Pair (Venting)

Just venting...
As far as I understand jack stand ratings, the stated capacity is "per pair" unless otherwise specifically stated. e.g. If I buy a set of jack stands rated at 3 tons, they are typically rated for 1.5 tons each with the weight evenly distributed. (A few brands are rated individually, but not most, AFAICT)
So why is each stand marked with it's own 3 ton label without any warning that the rating is for the pair? It's only in the manual that you will find that information.
A 3 ton floor jack is rated and labeled as 3 tons but a single 3 ton jack stand is rated at 1.5 tons yet labeled as 3 tons. That just seems unsafe.
I also understand that jack stands are supposed to be tested to 1.5 times their rated capacity, so a single "3 ton" jack stand should support 4500 lbs.
6000/2 x 1.5 = 4500
That's more than enough to support a corner of any of my vehicles, so I'm not concerned that 3 tons isn't enough capacity for my uses, just annoyed.
OK...I'm done.
On Mon, 7 Mar 2016 08:36:33 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

If you want a Jack Stand that you can trust, MAKE YOUR OWN, (Of find someone who knows how to weld, of you cant do it). I dont trust any of those commercial ones. I do imagine there are some "name branded" ones which are made well, but those sold at places like Walmart, or other "mass produced" ones intended for the home mechanic, are poorly made cheap junk. And I'd not even consider buying one at Harbor Freight, unless you're uncle is a doctor and your other uncle is the local undertaker.