OT Who reads this forum?

Curious as to who reads this forum. Retired? Doctor? Factory Worker? Construction? Etc.

Anyone want to volunteer from which walk of life you are?

Reply to
Johnson

I'm a DIY homeowner. With 3 daughters it's sometimes nice to do something to get away.....

Brad

Reply to
Brad Bruce

Reply to
Ray K

hit men.

but we can't say which ones of us are. sorry.

Reply to
chuck yerkes

I'm in manufacturing management (including the maintenance department) and have been in various plants and many different aspects of making stuff. When I worked for a company that made commercial heating and air-conditioning products, I supervised a department that did metal stamping, welding, brazing, fabrication, leak testing, etc. Moved to a company that does plastics molding of packaging. There are a couple or maintenance people and engineers in the family.

I've always done the DIY thing. My father was in maintenance and did everything at home. Later in life, my step father was a builder. I had a sideline business for storm windows, doors, siding etc. I've had a lot of exposure to a lot of different aspects of home repair and fixing things in general.

Some things do change though. As I am older (58) now, I'll pay $25 for an oil change rather than crawl under the car. Last one I did was in 1991 and it was a real PITA due to the filter location. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski
41year old bachelor. 18 years in the locksmith field. 5 years refrigeration and AC. 3 years as a HVAC installer.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'm a retired Canadian journalist who likes to putter around on home projects and to fix things. I find this is a good group with very little flaming. I always get good advice and, on projects where I have had experience, I'm happy to offer advice.

Reply to
R.Smyth

Electrical Engineering Manager.

Have always been a DIY'er; electrical, plumbing, carpentry, you name it. Also an avid woodworker. Closer to the big five-oh than I like to think about... I've noticed over the years that a lot of engineers are DIY'ers and woodworkers.

Reply to
Paul Franklin

I'm a stay at home mom w/ 2 kids and a husband who is incredibly intelligent, but not necessarily handy w/ house projects. We bought our first home last year and have a lot of work to do! Due to my currently being a stay at home mom, we work within a strict budget. So we do as much work on the house as we can. I come here to learn :) and appreciate all the information that I have gathered here. Thanks!

~Kat

"help is on the way" ~John Kerry

Reply to
Jarkat2002

-> Curious as to who reads this forum. Retired? Doctor? Factory Worker?

-> Construction? Etc.

->

-> Anyone want to volunteer from which walk of life you are?

Female. Retired U.S. Army in 1993. Divorced. No boyfriend(s) to help! Unemployed with a mortgage. Retirement pay isn't enough to pay all the bills, so I'm looking for a job. Meanwhile things need fixed so I'm doing all I can myself. I'm pretty handy, and love power tools! It's nice to be able to come here and get honest answers and good advice and help.

Reply to
Suzie-Q

Retired printer, TV repairman, salesman, electrical design engineer, programmer, born DIY, now living my other life as a musician and owner of a music store. Many years ago was service manager at a Monkey Warts store and had to repair every item in their catalog from sewing machines to lawnmowers, water softeners, blenders, toasters, disposals, and they paid for all the schooling, a DIY dream.

Bob

Reply to
rck

A retired business forms designer and printer. Built 2 houses, one expanded and rebuilt. Still rebuilding. Love creating stuff, did it in the printing business now I do it out of wood and other things. Love tools and machinery. When I have time I am also Vice-President and Business Manager for an internet web site company. Not enough days in a week to do everything. Other retired people I know can't do anything and are bored out of their mind.

Reply to
Eric Tonks

Bozo The Clown BA BS DDD CPA , CPO, RCR, RTA and all Bozos to come so who cares

Reply to
m Ransley

General contractor specializing in remodeling, restoration and new construction in both residential and light commercial. Have been in the construction business for 30+ years now. Started as a carpenters helper in 1970 and worked my way up (after having helped my Dad on numerous projects before that). My strengths lie in general carpentry and cabinet work, but I have done almost everything. And I really have.

Just here to see what problems are out there and to help if possible.

Reply to
Robert Allison

Secret Agent, Super Genius, Underwear Model.

Reply to
jeffc

I'm Mike. I'm in my mid 20s and just bought my first house, a fixer-upper. I've always liked to work on things, and find owning my own house refreshing after living in one apartment or another over the last few years. I find it fun to prioritized what needs to be done first, how much money it'll take over how much I have. Same goes for time.

I work in manufacturing, just moved up into the safety/training department, so I got a bit of a raise to help find repairs/upgrades to my house.

I live in the great outdoor furnace of the Southwest.

--Mike

Reply to
Mike Fritz

Retired exploration geophysicist and venture manager for Mobil and Texaco.

64 y.o., two sons, married 40 yrs, traveled the world for 31 years, then got tired of it!. Always loved tools, DIY projects, and have an endless list of planned improvements, small and large, on our house. This group rocks, as for an unmoderated group, it is relatively troll free, behaves itself, and has some really good advice, which I both provide on occasion, and ask for...
Reply to
Roger

This is Turtle.

I was riding my bicycle by here and had a flate and come in here to see about getting some air for my tire and been here ever since. Oh Yea, I work on those Air cooling things.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE
040807 2108 - chuck yerkes posted:

Yes, we all know, but nobody's telling...

Reply to
indago

refrigeration

And a Hack at all aspects!