OT Who reads this forum?

Page 1 of 3
Curious as to who reads this forum. Retired? Doctor? Factory Worker? Construction? Etc.
Anyone want to volunteer from which walk of life you are?
Johnson wrote:

I'm a DIY homeowner. With 3 daughters it's sometimes nice to do something to get away.....
Brad
Retired aeronautical engineer.
Johnson wrote:

Johnson wrote:

hit men.
but we can't say which ones of us are. sorry.
040807 2108 - chuck yerkes posted:

Yes, we all know, but nobody's telling...
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome
41year old bachelor. 18 years in the locksmith field. 5 years refrigeration and AC. 3 years as a HVAC installer.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I'm a retired Canadian journalist who likes to putter around on home projects and to fix things. I find this is a good group with very little flaming. I always get good advice and, on projects where I have had experience, I'm happy to offer advice.

Electrical Engineering Manager.
Have always been a DIY'er; electrical, plumbing, carpentry, you name it. Also an avid woodworker. Closer to the big five-oh than I like to think about... I've noticed over the years that a lot of engineers are DIY'ers and woodworkers.

I'm a stay at home mom w/ 2 kids and a husband who is incredibly intelligent, but not necessarily handy w/ house projects. We bought our first home last year and have a lot of work to do! Due to my currently being a stay at home mom, we work within a strict budget. So we do as much work on the house as we can. I come here to learn :) and appreciate all the information that I have gathered here. Thanks!
~Kat
"help is on the way" ~John Kerry

intelligent,
last
home
as we

gathered
I admire your attempt of being a stay at home mom, but if you are waiting for John Kerry to help you, may God help you........
Red Neckerson wrote:

I got the time to do a lot of work on the house when that pesky job disappeared thanks to a formerly booming economy and a country with a suplus turning into a country with booms for the rich and surpluses for the rich.
Just wish George's pals would bail out every venture *I* tried. My don't always fail like his did, so they'd save money.
(this week I get to document my job for ISO-9000 work while management talks to outsourcing companies. My hindi and chinese are rusty, though.)
Can we have our million jobs back?
chuck
--
http://www.BillionairesForBush.com /
Tax work, not wealth!
-> Curious as to who reads this forum. Retired? Doctor? Factory Worker? -> Construction? Etc. -> -> Anyone want to volunteer from which walk of life you are?
Female. Retired U.S. Army in 1993. Divorced. No boyfriend(s) to help! Unemployed with a mortgage. Retirement pay isn't enough to pay all the bills, so I'm looking for a job. Meanwhile things need fixed so I'm doing all I can myself. I'm pretty handy, and love power tools! It's nice to be able to come here and get honest answers and good advice and help.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

I've gotten lots of good advice from this NG and now I can see why. There truly is an amazing amount of knowledge here. One can draw on the life experiences of so many people with varied backgrounds. An occasional person with a negative attitude will look down on poor people or scoff at DIY but most of the people here are helpful.
Bob
A retired business forms designer and printer. Built 2 houses, one expanded and rebuilt. Still rebuilding. Love creating stuff, did it in the printing business now I do it out of wood and other things. Love tools and machinery. When I have time I am also Vice-President and Business Manager for an internet web site company. Not enough days in a week to do everything. Other retired people I know can't do anything and are bored out of their mind.

Johnson wrote:

General contractor specializing in remodeling, restoration and new construction in both residential and light commercial. Have been in the construction business for 30+ years now. Started as a carpenters helper in 1970 and worked my way up (after having helped my Dad on numerous projects before that). My strengths lie in general carpentry and cabinet work, but I have done almost everything. And I really have.
Just here to see what problems are out there and to help if possible.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.