OT: "white roofs everywhere"

Page 4 of 4

Back up there a bit, Hoss. Don't let Bill off the hook so easily. Since he volunteered to do performance testing for the newsgroup, he should paint half of the sun room roof with silver reflective paint and use an IR thermometer to read both white and silver roof temperatures from inside at various times of the day and night, then graph the results and post them here.
We won't get medieval on your ass, Bill, so 15 minute readings all day and night for a week should do it. Show simultaneous cloud/rain/ weather conditions with digital photographs, and prepare a time lapse video. It would be really cool if you could graph it with an analog speedometer type thermometer - that would look great with the time lapse video.
I'd get cracking right away if I were you, Bill, the term is up in two weeks. Show all your work. Extra credit if you remove some of the painted shingles and install some of the original ones so we have a baseline.