OT: While we're at it, how about his police shooting?

It could be as simple as just pushing a piece of orange plastic into the barrel. From several feet way it might be enough to make a cop pause.
I hope that idea doesn't catch on.
On 11/29/14, 8:29 PM, Seymore4Head wrote:

when I dropped it on the sidewalk and went back to look for it.
If I were a criminal, I wouldn't want a plastic tip. How could I intimidate people if my gun looked like a toy? If I went out to shoot somebody, I wouldn't want a plastic tip making my gun conspicuous.
Maybe if I walked up to a cop, the orange tip might make him think I wanted nothing more than to shoot his eye out, but if I bounced a round off his body armor, he might shout, "No fair!" and shoot me.
Seymore4Head wrote:

anything obstructing the barrel is apt to cause the barrel to explode when the weapon is fired.

Paint or orange tape.

Red is part of how you make orange....
but what they conceal is vital.?

But if you push it into the barrel, the barrel is no longer the same size and it would (at the very least) alter the trajectory, wouldn't it?
but what they conceal is vital.?
On Sunday, November 30, 2014 4:15:05 AM UTC-5, Kurt Ullman wrote:

You don't have to push anything into the barrel. Just some orange paint or tape on the end of the barrel would do it. Or you could glue some plast ic attachement onto the outside of the gun at the tip. Cops, etc don't get to take the gun and look closely at it. If it's 10 ft away, just being pulled out of a pocket, the suspect is moving, it's not well lit, etc, you'd see orang e, but I doubt you'd be able to tell much else.

I don't see how anyone would want to be a cop now days. No mater what you do, you are wrong and will pay fo it one way or the other. The cop just resigned that shot that unarmed man. He will probably have to move to another town and hard telling what kind of job he may be able to get.
In a town I lived in there was a man driving a Swan truck selling food door to door. He was a cop and sprayed a man with mace. The man died and the cop was let go from the police department.
I always said that the cop should not be hardly able to touch you if you did what he says, but the second the person swings at the cop, it is justified in just shooting the person on the spot.
On 11/30/2014 10:01 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
<snip>

In a million years I never thought I'd say this, but the only way the issue can be solved would be if the police cruisers carried video cameras.
In the Ferguson incident I saw a published report that summarized all the witnesses and what they "saw" was all over the map. A video camera would help settle things.
If a review board saw the video and the policeman's actions were deemed justified that should end the matter period.
My wife and I do volunteer work at a non-profit agency and there is video surveillance everywhere. There has never been an incident worse than some petty theft but they have cameras.
So, if some very low risk agency deems it a good idea to have surveillance I don't see why the police don't .
On 11/30/2014 4:51 PM, philo wrote:

You know, that sure would make it easier to understand, later. If incidents were on video.
On 11/30/2014 11:01 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

lazy and cheap?

The kid's a casualty of the gun culture, simple as that.
On 11/30/2014 2:04 PM, Vic Smith wrote:

The "gun culture" people I've known always follow the safety rules, and would never get shot by a cop.
More like the hollywood unsafe idiots who wave guns around, culture.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

The way I heard it, you were not "allowed", it was mandatory. I heard it on the internet, so it must be true.

here is the law
http://www.in.gov/legislative/bills/2012/SE/SE0001.1.html
It makes perfect sense. But I don't know how you deal with people who are unreasonable in their beliefs. I hate to eliminate laws that protect people when utilizing their reasonable beliefs, just because there are stupid people who have unreasonable beliefs.

the images need to be much clearer and with a wider field of view (without compromising detail). How many times have we seen a fuzzy image, or realize we need to see what is happening off screen?
On 11/30/2014 06:30 PM, Pico Rico wrote:

The place where I volunteer has pretty decent quality and the recorder itself was somewhere around $200. Twenty four hours of recording.
On 11/30/2014 7:30 PM, Pico Rico wrote:

One word: Rodney King beating.
So much of the context was lost.

well, it wouldn't have been so bad if the media would have shown the entire video.
On Sunday, November 30, 2014 8:46:49 PM UTC-5, Pico Rico wrote:

Bingo. In these incidents like Ferguson, the media ignores most of the real data, instead repeating the line "unarmed black teen shot by cop".
I just learned some more data that you won't hear on the lamestream media. Forensics at Ferguson show blood drops 25ft to 30ft away from where officer Wilson was. That puts Brown's max distance away at that range or greater. The final shot to the front of the head that killed him was at about 10 ft.
Now, which version of events does that support? A guy with his hands up, surrendering? Or a guy charging back at the cop?