OT Which direction is your ceiling fan SUPPOSED to run?

Even installing sun film on windows is dangerous. The whole front of our office building is basically glass. Faces east. We had sun film installed and within less than 2 weeks we had 6 broken windows. Replaced the sealed units and film, no more failures (3 years ago) These windows are about 4X10 feet or more.

Reply to
clare

That's not unusual. Double-pane glass is at particular risk (which I would presume would be used for even a half-decent sky light). The seals are easily broken due to the uneven expansion of the panes.

I don't know why anyone would block off a skylight, anyway. If you went to the bother (and risk) of installing them, use 'em. I may install a sun shade (blinds) but that's about it.

Reply to
krw