OT: When You Don't Argue

I read a short story long ago, about a bank heist. Basically detailing the planning of the job, and recruiting the team. The leader was an old pro who had never been caught. There was trouble getting a minor member of the team, when the guy they wanted got sick, and there was a lot of argument about his replacement. The leader argued about having this guy on the crew, as he was pretty stupid. But against the leader's better judgement they used him in the end, instead of calling off the heist. So the bank heist goes forward, and this guy gets on a city bus to go to his minor assignment. He argues with the bus driver over a nickel, they fight, and the cops arrest him. He had written down the heist plans and had them in his pocket. Good story, well-written and funny.
What reminded of this story was U.S. Secret Service agents arguing with a whore about 50 bucks or so. Not a lot of difference really. What do they say? Pick your battles. Know when to hold and fold. I'll stop here. It's just too funny. No sympathy from me. Just disappointment.
--
Vic

So far one agent has resigned and two have retired.
If any of these dummies are married I want to hear how they explained it to their spouses

It amazes me that people didn't raise much hell when Clinton got caught. I always wondered what would have happened if Lewinski was a spy or something. Not much different than this story, yet little was done.
Hank
Hank wrote:

True, Clinton did not resign. He did, however, get impeached. And we have in our colloquial speech, "He did the full Lewinsky."
On 4/19/2012 6:19 AM, HeyBub wrote:

and 'it depends upon what your definition of is is'

ISTR a few years of "hell" after Clinton got caught with his hands in the humidor. If you'll remember, they did try to fire him, too.

Are you aware that Clinton also lost the card with the codes for a nuclear launch? Who knows what bimbo working for some foreign power could have made off with that. But that wasn't the worst of it. The colonel that was responsible for swapping them out every couple months when they were changed went to Clinton to get the old one and give him the new one. Clinton kept putting him off for days with excuses. So Clinton KNEW he had lost it and instead of fessing up, chose to take an unbelievable national security risk.
Don't know of any othe president who had that problem. The Reagan team managed to treat it properly even when he was shot.
-snip-

No excuse for Clinton- but the Reagan team did 'drop the ball' after the shooting. http://www.wnd.com/2004/12/28249 / [pardon the source, but I've read it in a credible source that I can't recall and don't feel like looking for]
Jim

Interesting story that I had not heard before. Seems factual but then part of it makes no sense. The FBI agent talks about not wanting to turn the card over to "some white house staffer" or "some old guys". That part doesn't seem kosher. If the WH wanted the card and was having a dispute with the FBI, you would expect someone like the National Security Advisor or the Sec of Defense would be calling the FBI, not some "staffer" and they would know their names.
On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 09:54:44 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net"

...after the second nanosecond, anyway.
The people I listen to, raised hell. Decried the sexual cheapening of the nation, and the degrading of the Office of the President.
The people I listen to, also filed articles of impeachment for perjury, and selling military secrets to the Chinese.

It amazes me that people didn't raise much hell when Clinton got caught. I always wondered what would have happened if Lewinski was a spy or something. Not much different than this story, yet little was done.
Hank
On Apr 19, 7:01am, "Stormin Mormon"

Hew is another example of the US' fair judicial system. Martha Stewart went to jail, not for her crime, but rather that she was deemed to later lie about her activities! Clinton may not have been punsihable for specific activity, but definitely lied about those activities later, yet didn't see any jail time here..
I can't remember what list. But someone recently mentioned Bernhard Goetz, the NYC "Subway vigilante shooter". Goetz served more time for self defense than Hew served for perjury, and selling missile secrets to the Chinese. Goetz was exercising his right to keep and bear arms, but Hew was lying under oath. As an attorney, Hew ought have known that was illegal.
Hew is another example of the US' fair judicial system. Martha Stewart went to jail, not for her crime, but rather that she was deemed to later lie about her activities! Clinton may not have been punsihable for specific activity, but definitely lied about those activities later, yet didn't see any jail time here..

Cavity search.
When whites in the south hire people based on skin color, that's racist. When the government forces business to hire based on skin color, what is that called?
wrote in message
Affirmative Action has destroyed the professionalism of one government agency after another and several years ago finally reached The Oval Office with the expected results. I hope for the sake of our "Republic"that the next election purges the government of the legion of raving incompetents. o_O
TDD
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Progress. LOL!! I can't keep a straight face writing that..
--
I wish I could play little league now. I'd be way better than
before. -Mitch Hedberg