OT, When I Was A Kid

Page 1 of 2
When I was a kid we little vermin, scourge of the neighborhood, would attach playing cards to our bicycles to flap against the spokes making an obnoxious racket. Well, technology has now improved how kids can be obnoxious. ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
afMzo4HO8
TDD

When I was a kid (around 8) worked as a ramp rat for my a fixed base company. My pay was duel time in a J-3 Cub. (I had long legs so I could just reach the rudder petals)
to my mind it WAS a P51!
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Dude! That is so cool!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC0dK42wOOA

Excellent!
--
Best regards
Han
On 8/11/2012 11:37 PM, Rick wrote:

The Mattel toy uses batteries, the Turbospoke uses kid power, a kid's batteries rarely run down. ^_^
TDD

Seems like someone will make an app for the iPhone

The difference is that we actually had to DO something such as carefully aligning the cards,etc. Now some stupid machine does it for them. Kinda takes all the fun out of it all.
On 8/12/2012 2:39 AM, FlavorFlav wrote:

It is similar to the "other 8 year olds" who take their motorcycle to a shop to have the muffler modified.

If you're so much smarter than 'kids today' -- why don't you take a turn at a computer terminal or video game with them?<g>
Jim

Who are you responding to? I never wrote I was smarter than kids today. It's something you made up.
On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 03:57:40 +0000, FlavorFlav wrote:

I think that the majority of video games are more about reaction time that intelligence, anyway; sure, there's some "do this and this might/ will happen" logic in some of them, but that's about the extent of it.
(And talking of computer terminals, I really wish I still had my old DEC VT220 - RS232 of course, just to tie in with that thread too :-)
cheers
Jules

I can understand an 8 year old wanting to do that but I will never get the apparently permanent 8 year olds with modified mufflers on their motorcycles.
On Sat, 11 Aug 2012 23:18:35 -0500, The Daring Dufas

Nice to know we can replace imagination with money.
On 8/12/2012 7:22 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

There are kids making their own out of plastic soft drink bottles which is probably where the idea for the toy came from. It's The American way, you come up with an idea or improvements which lead to a product that other folks will pay you for. Some kid will see the toy and decide he can make his own or a better one. Big kids like their obnoxious toys too! ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W5mUVyh4l0

TDD

Ain't that the truth... and nice to know we can replace common sense with ______ too. I think you get my drift.

Someone replaced your common sense with nothing, that's for sure!

Now when I was a kid it was at least 50 feet deep.