OT When does 999 = 666?

No matter what combination of 3 numbers you use, it still looks like a code for some kind of fertilizer

Reply to
Larry W

You're not comparing apples to apples. It costs money to refinance. It's also a lot harder to refinance than it was before the bubble popped. People that have less than stellar credit are between a rock and a hard place.

Compare Donald Trump with your average schmoe. He views bankruptcy as a game. That's a luxury that few can afford.

RicodJour

I don't know spit about the tax plan, but I know "999 = 666" when the Beast is doing headstands. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

A 666 plan would be even 33% better.

Reply to
krw

Or maybe 333% better, depending on how you look at it.

RicodJour

Fine. Add the closing costs and amortize it over the life of the loan. So someone with a job and a house can borrow at 4%. The rich can borrow at 3.5%. You want to argue the difference?

Having poor credit and not being rich are not the same thing. The claim was made that the very rich can borrow for almost nothing. The fact is that many ordinary people can too. Not only could they do it using the equity in their homes, if they have even a modest stock portfolio they can do it via the same margin loan the rich guy can. Yeah, the rate might be 1% higher, but is that some big difference to try to make the claim that the rich can borrow for free?

What does bankruptcy have to do with any of this? Not a very good example. Plenty of ordinary people are using bankruptcy every day too.. AFAIK, Trump never declared personal bankruptcy. It was businesses, most or all of which were publicly traded companies with Trump as a major shareholder that filed bankruptcy. Bankruptcy has become more acceptable today for everyone, rich and poor alike.

Reply to
trader4

It is the first time our tax code was properly named then.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I know you're not good at thinking but you don't have to prove it daily.

Reply to
krw