OT - What to do with 15 gallons of shredded paper?

I used to like going to the County Clerk's office, but now, there is no point. There is no more to see there than there is at home. In fact all they do is let you sit at a terminal.

So it's not so much fun anymore but it sure is convenient.

Maybe so in your case.

Reply to
micky

s - my wife deecided to clean out her Real Estate record accumulation which had to be shredded before disposing of it/them. I could try to burn the sh redded paper in our fireplace, or maybe wet it and compact it into "bricks" and then burn them after they dired out. What other innovative ideas do fo lks here have?

I gave up on composting, my compost pile is 120 feet away from the house at my back property line, and with 24" of snow on the ground between the hous e and the pile, I just put it in with the rest of the paper recyling in the recycle bin, I did check with out recycling office to see that they would take shredded paper mixed in with all the other recyclables in the same bi n(any paper, any metal, and plastics 1-5).

Reply to
hrhofmann

wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com... I have accumulated 15 gallons of tightly packed shredded financial records - my wife deecided to clean out her Real Estate record accumulation which had to be shredded before disposing of it/them. I could try to burn the shredded paper in our fireplace, or maybe wet it and compact it into "bricks" and then burn them after they dired out. What other innovative ideas do folks here have?

Reply to
WW

With that much shred paper, would make a heck of a smoky fire in shred form. But that could be good, if you were trying to drive bees away from a next. Maybe donate the shred to a bee hive place?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon