OT. What on Earth?

What on Earth is a show on the Science channel. It was showing results from a satellite named GOME. Its job is to monitor ozone levels. It spots other things as well. Scientists were a bit baffled by a big cloud over the U.S. The cloud covered a large share of the country east of the Rockies. It turns out the cloud was because of the countries corn crop growing. The U.S. corn crop puts out 40% more oxygen then the Amazon rainforest. A bit here: <https://earth.esa.int/web/guest/missions/esa-operational-eo-missions/ers/instruments/gome if anyone is interested.

Dean Hoffman posted for all of us...

Did Al Gore comment?
--
Tekkie

results

It

over

Rockies.

growing.

rainforest.

<https://earth.esa.int/web/guest/missions/esa-operational-eo-missions/ers /instruments/gome>

Any guess about which component of the atmosphere has the most effect on global warming and cooling? Hint - it's not CO2 or methane.
Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:

It's dihydrogen monoxide vapor .
--
Snag

It

ver

.

t.

/ers/instruments/gome>

Ebay still has Gore bumper stickers, campaign buttons etc. He's still kickin'. I didn't see an obit for him, anyhow.
-- Using Opera's mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/
On Saturday, May 28, 2016 at 1:57:12 PM UTC-4, Dean Hoffman wrote:

There are 2 issues that I have with "What On Earth":
1 - I hate the flickering, flashing, whatever you want to call it "camera work". So distracting, so annoying, so not necessary.
2 - Everything is such a mystery, so sinister, so conspiratorial...until it isn't.
Sometimes they really stretch to come up with possible explanations just to fill time. e.g.
"Could it be that these ancient ruins were built by people from the Terameatabic tribes as an offering to the Gods of agriculture during a drought?"
"No, because the Terameatabic tribes lived on the other side of the world 10,000 years before the earliest documented date of the ruins."
So why the h*ll did you even bring it up? Couldn't you have found a tribe that at least lived on the same hemisphere in the same frigging millennium?
Sheeesh!