OT - What happens when you tow a woman's car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl-q6FfoYZg
I hope this link works. I saw on Facebook, and found it on YT. She sure had an interesting response to finding a tow truck hooked on.
Bravo to her!
--
.
Christopher A. Young

What do you mean "Bravo to her?" How do you know she didn't park where she shouldn't have. Now she probably will be facing theft charges and who knows what else. I hope it costs her big time!
On 4/27/2016 8:09 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

Well, you do make a lot of sense. I better think it out, again.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Wednesday, April 27, 2016 at 7:33:44 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Do you not find it a little strange that the tow truck was in neutral?
Is it normal to leave a tow truck in neutral while hooking a car?
On Wed, 27 Apr 2016 18:25:06 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

"staged"
On 04/27/2016 07:25 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

A phony YouTube video? Say it ain't so!
On 4/27/2016 9:25 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

The couple times I've been towed, the driver pulled the diamond / square yellow air brake handle.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 4/27/2016 9:25 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Yes, when you make a YouTube video. There are at least 3 or 4 shows on TV based on this sort of thing. On one I watched some seemingly incredible goings on happened, but they showed how it was all staged.
Hey, hold my beer . . .
DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

I don't get Stormy shit but I will comment about the tow truck.
The ones I used had PTO units. So if one was to use the cables or hydraulics it had be running in neutral. We had line locks which locked up the front brakes and rears were set and chocked.
Same in fire trucks; gotta get power from somewhere. In pump training school there was always someone forgetting to disengage the transmission and if not chocked would start moving. A big indication of this was when the engine throttle moved away from your hand to bring the pump up to pressure.
--
Tekkie

On Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 3:31:56 PM UTC-4, Tekkie® wrote:

The question on the table is this:
Could a person climb into a hooked vehicle, drop it into gear and tow the tow truck away as shown here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl-q6FfoYZg

On Thu, 28 Apr 2016 13:14:12 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

On Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 5:31:09 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

But *would it be* is the question.
On Thu, 28 Apr 2016 14:34:10 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

climb into a hooked vehicle, drop it into gear and tow the tow truck away as shown here?"

I agree. Sloppy TT operator.
--
Tekkie

on, and line lock engabed so all 4 wheel brakes are hydraulically applied as well as the cable operated handbrake - AND in park

When I was doing it the TT were stick and the line locks didn't use the rears. I don't recall the line locks being on the rears on the auto trucks so park and brakes were good. Long time ago...
This car should have been flat bedded. It probably had AWD and I bet something was screaming, but then again, I could be wrong.
--
Tekkie