OT - What happens when you tow a woman's car

I hope this link works. I saw on Facebook, and found it on YT. She sure had an interesting response to finding a tow truck hooked on.

Bravo to her!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

What do you mean "Bravo to her?" How do you know she didn't park where she shouldn't have. Now she probably will be facing theft charges and who knows what else. I hope it costs her big time!

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Well, you do make a lot of sense. I better think it out, again.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Do you not find it a little strange that the tow truck was in neutral?

Is it normal to leave a tow truck in neutral while hooking a car?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Dangerous enough to get a driver fired if caught.. Definitely "staged"

Reply to
clare

A phony YouTube video? Say it ain't so!

Reply to
GOWGN

The couple times I've been towed, the driver pulled the diamond / square yellow air brake handle.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Yes, when you make a YouTube video. There are at least 3 or 4 shows on TV based on this sort of thing. On one I watched some seemingly incredible goings on happened, but they showed how it was all staged.

Hey, hold my beer . . .

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

I don't get Stormy shit but I will comment about the tow truck.

The ones I used had PTO units. So if one was to use the cables or hydraulics it had be running in neutral. We had line locks which locked up the front brakes and rears were set and chocked.

Same in fire trucks; gotta get power from somewhere. In pump training school there was always someone forgetting to disengage the transmission and if not chocked would start moving. A big indication of this was when the engine throttle moved away from your hand to bring the pump up to pressure.

Reply to
Tekkie®

The question on the table is this:

Could a person climb into a hooked vehicle, drop it into gear and tow the tow truck away as shown here?

DerbyDad03

With the vast majority today having automatics - in park - handbrake on, and line lock engabed so all 4 wheel brakes are hydraulically applied as well as the cable operated handbrake - AND in park

Reply to
clare

If the truck was in neutral with the brakes off, most definitely!!

Reply to
clare

But *would it be* is the question.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Np, that WAS the question. The current question is "Could a person climb into a hooked vehicle, drop it into gear and tow the tow truck away as shown here?"

Reply to
clare

I agree. Sloppy TT operator.

Reply to
Tekkie®

When I was doing it the TT were stick and the line locks didn't use the rears. I don't recall the line locks being on the rears on the auto trucks so park and brakes were good. Long time ago...

This car should have been flat bedded. It probably had AWD and I bet something was screaming, but then again, I could be wrong.

Reply to
Tekkie®