OT: What happens after car is stolen?

Page 2 of 2

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 14:50:41 -0600, Wilfred Xavier Pickles

Thanks for the update.
In my area (Las Vegas) auto thief has gone down a bit.
Them new "bait cars" an all :-/
Wilfred Xavier Pickles wrote:

Oddly enough, sometimes the older the car the more chance it will be stolen!
Suppose you've got a '68 Buick. Somebody ELSE in town has a '68 Buick that was involved in a fender-bender. The repair shop can't find a '68 Buick fender at the dealership or any of the junk yards in the state. So they call "Midnight Auto Supply" and the word is passed "We need a '68 Buick!"
Yours is found.
Cops often find stolen cars with only one or a few parts removed.
On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 09:19:14 -0600, HeyBub wrote:

I wish that would have happened to me. I lost a 35 mpg pickup to the crusher, likely totalled in less than an hour. Would have gotten about $300 at the time. Insurance gave me 850 with a $1,000 deductible. Only had comp on it to get towing.