OT: what does this mean?

should be shot none the less.
It sucks to have to share civilization with savages.

Well at least we're fortunate that immoral savages like harry are far away.

So, you have a lot of guns in America because there are a lot of savages?

There goes harriet jumping to stupid conclusions again

Let's make the equation a simple one for the simpleton from the UK
I work X hours using my skills, that I paid time and $$ to acquires and my time - which is a limited and irreplaceable asset, of unknown quantity to acquire my possessions. So in effect my possessions are paid for with parts of my life, which again is a limited and irreplaceable resource of unknown quantity.
Then some low-life comes along and decides that they somehow have the right to steal parts of my life from me, just because they're too lazy to work for it themselves That's IMMORAL Stopping such a predator from stealing is MORAL Also, doing nothing to stop such a predator, by failing to protect your life's work is IMMORAL
You harry, by siding with a thief are just as immoral as that thief.
See how simple that was.

Ah! You are harking back to the times when it actually was ie when you could own people in America. Pre 1963 wasn't it?

So you couldn't understand what I wrote What a NON surprise.

There goes harriet jumping to stupid conclusions again Poor silly thing
harryagain wrote:

Low moral values? Well, first, there's the Eighth Commandment: "Thou Shalt Not Steal." In my state, we noticed there are no penalties provided for any of the Ten Commandments, so we sorta fleshed out the edict:
Texas Penal Code - Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:
(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41*; AND (2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary: (A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; OR (B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; AND (3) he reasonably believes that: (A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; OR (B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.
Note one of the offenses covered by this section is "Criminal Mischief During the Nighttime." This offense is a catch-all for toilet-papering a house, doing wheelies in someone's yard, general graffiti, "he who pisseth against the wall," smelling funny, and other egregious anti-social behavior.
--------- Texas Penal Code - Sec. 9.41. PROTECTION OF ONE'S OWN PROPERTY. (a) A person in lawful possession of land or tangible, movable property is justified in using force against another when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to prevent or terminate the other's trespass on the land or unlawful interference with the property...
harryagain wrote:

Boy, are you confused Or your religious education was severely deficient. Your reference to "Vengence is mine..." is from the New Testament which is irrelevant to Jewish law.
Nevertheless, some Texans ARE Jewish. Most of the non-Jewish Texans are rational-minded enough to recognize a better way of doing things and readily incorporate workable ideas - from almost any source - into the laws of our state.
Can we go around shooting gays? Sure. We can shoot anybody we please, subject to the rule of "He needed killin' "
Doug wrote:

As an ex-LEO, I'll be glad to add my experience.
But first, have you ever driven by a prison and noticed some inmates working outside the walls, cutting grass, washing cars, and so on?
Almost all the outside trustys are murderers!
Here's why: Most murders (or manslaughters) are crimes of passion and are one-offers. If the stimulus that precipitated the killing is absent, well, the person is unlikely to kill again.
Further, murderers are basically rule-followers. You tell an murderer-trusty to check out a lawn mower, cut the grass, and be back at 4:30, his response will be: "Right, boss." And you can depend on him checking-in at 4:25. (Trustys are not the same thing as general prisoner work gangs. Work gangs, on the prison farm or doing swamp reclamation, are guarded.)
Now a burglar or thief is NOT a rule follower, has no respect or others or their property. He started his escapade with a plan to undertake harm. He INTENDED to violate the law and did so, perhaps many times, before he was caught.
Thieves cannot be trusted. They are internally evil.

Possibly true. A lot of land been stolen in the Middle East.

harryagain wrote:

Yep. Most of it by the British. The French stole some, true, but you'd EXPECT that from the French.

Up until the League of Nations put Egypt, Arabia, etc., under the Mandatory Powers of the British, the Brits carried the "White Man's Burden" around the world. For example, when the British left India in 1948, they left what was to become the world's largest democracy. They also left Pakistan, which we'll ignore for this discussion.
Then they went a little nuts. Jordan is a good example.
Two antagonistic tribes wanted control of Arabia. The British ultimately gave Arabia to the House of Saud. As a consolation prize, England lopped off part of Palestine and gave it to the Arabian tribe of Hussein. By that I mean, the current king of Jordan's father was born in Arabia and, as far as anybody knows, never even visited the area now know as Jordan before accepting the kingship from the British.

Simple:
Murder investigations get a lot of time and resources before things tend to go cold and get put away on the back burner... You can arrest and convict a murderer as long as the suspect is still alive and enough valid evidence and testimony remains to sustain a trial process...
That unoccupied burglary investigation gets sidetracked a lot faster and there are a lot less forensic resources thrown at it unless there is a rash of burglaries going on with a similar MO that could make someone's career to catch the person doing it... If the case goes cold long enough the statute of limitations bars arresting any suspects and there would be no trial even if all witnesses and testimony were still available...
So while s murderer can get away with it for a while, they can ultimately be brought to justice, a burglar, larcenist, shoplifter, etc (thief) just has to lay low long enough for the clock to run out and they get off clean...