OT: what does this mean?

So, you have a lot of guns in America because there are a lot of savages?

Reply to
harryagain

So you still haven't explain how a life is worth less than a TV.

Ah! You are harking back to the times when it actually was ie when you could own people in America. Pre 1963 wasn't it?

Reply to
harryagain

Possibly true. A lot of land been stolen in the Middle East.

Reply to
harryagain

If it was my ex-BIL, it would have been a different outcome.

Him and his partner would not have given you a ticket, but would have confiscated the beer. Oh, I can tell you some stories!

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Simple:

Murder investigations get a lot of time and resources before things tend to go cold and get put away on the back burner... You can arrest and convict a murderer as long as the suspect is still alive and enough valid evidence and testimony remains to sustain a trial process...

That unoccupied burglary investigation gets sidetracked a lot faster and there are a lot less forensic resources thrown at it unless there is a rash of burglaries going on with a similar MO that could make someone's career to catch the person doing it... If the case goes cold long enough the statute of limitations bars arresting any suspects and there would be no trial even if all witnesses and testimony were still available...

So while s murderer can get away with it for a while, they can ultimately be brought to justice, a burglar, larcenist, shoplifter, etc (thief) just has to lay low long enough for the clock to run out and they get off clean...

Reply to
Evan

Yep. Most of it by the British. The French stole some, true, but you'd EXPECT that from the French.

Reply to
HeyBub

That all changed about the time they "convinced" every state to raise the drinking age to 21.

The problem with drug users is that they begin to get high even before they begin using their drugs, whether that drug is heroin, marijuana, or ethanol (this has been viewed on MRI scans of drug users). The very act of "cracking one open" triggers a response in the brain of the user, focusing the users mind on the drug and the usage ritual, to the detriment of focusing on the environment the addict is in.

When this coincides with the user operating a motor vehicle on a publicly used road, that user becomes a dangerous liability to everyone else using that road.

This is why "drinking and driving" is considered to be a serious infraction, every bit as much as driving and doing any other drug.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Just think of all of the Snail Darter children he could have killed!

Reply to
krw

...and the British.

Reply to
krw

There goes harriet jumping to stupid conclusions again

Reply to
Atila Iskander

So you couldn't understand what I wrote What a NON surprise.

There goes harriet jumping to stupid conclusions again Poor silly thing

Reply to
Atila Iskander

Boy, are you confused Or your religious education was severely deficient. Your reference to "Vengence is mine..." is from the New Testament which is irrelevant to Jewish law.

Nevertheless, some Texans ARE Jewish. Most of the non-Jewish Texans are rational-minded enough to recognize a better way of doing things and readily incorporate workable ideas - from almost any source - into the laws of our state.

Can we go around shooting gays? Sure. We can shoot anybody we please, subject to the rule of "He needed killin' "

Reply to
HeyBub

Up until the League of Nations put Egypt, Arabia, etc., under the Mandatory Powers of the British, the Brits carried the "White Man's Burden" around the world. For example, when the British left India in 1948, they left what was to become the world's largest democracy. They also left Pakistan, which we'll ignore for this discussion.

Then they went a little nuts. Jordan is a good example.

Two antagonistic tribes wanted control of Arabia. The British ultimately gave Arabia to the House of Saud. As a consolation prize, England lopped off part of Palestine and gave it to the Arabian tribe of Hussein. By that I mean, the current king of Jordan's father was born in Arabia and, as far as anybody knows, never even visited the area now know as Jordan before accepting the kingship from the British.

Reply to
HeyBub

Oren wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

good! If I had my way they'd face the death penalty.

Reply to
Waylon Bruc

Why? The raft is going with the flow.

Reply to