OT What does a Tomohawk missile cost?

Ever hear of this new thing called "compound interest"?

Reply to
krw

Harry-

Wrong again. :(

We bid these projects & supplied the machinery on a Firm Fixed Price Basis.

Bids were audited prior to award. Fee (profit) was negotiated base on bid prices.

If we came came up with cheaper ways to make the item...... the bid for the "next" buy had to include this cost reductions.

You don't know anything about the bid & procurement process.

Don't let the facts confuse you.

cheers Bob

Reply to
DD_BobK

You hit the nail on the head. We've made it clear we'll stick our noses in that very nasty hornet's nest. Look how much Cuba bothers us and then imagine how much Taiwan bothers China. In some other post I said it squarely. WWIII will begin over Taiwan.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

Special Operations/Low Intensity Conflicts - DoD speak for "brush war."

a.. SOLIC - What does SOLIC stand for? Acronyms and abbreviations by ... Acronym, Definition. SOLIC, Special Operations & Low Intensity Conflict. SOLIC, Springs of Life International Christian Centre ...

acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/SOLIC - Cached - Similar

You must have added Libya in your search. It's probably not yet been branded a SOLIC. Just an odd curiosity that "Springs of Life" chose the same letters.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

They made it here it should be taxed here.

Reply to
LSMFT

That is true with a lot of things. I used to repair guitar amplifiers, PA systems...etc. I discovered I was losing business to my competitor because I wasn't charging enough.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

Sounds like we should just give up now. You think just maybe the Chinese might have some difficulty in getting all those super torpedos within range of the carriers to begin with?

Reply to
trader4

Over the last decade or so I come to enjoy the irony of the first video being seen on MTV being "Video killed the Radio Star."

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

I'm getting around 4% on my bonds ( staying under 4 years and AA or better). I have quite a few stocks that are paying me dividends better than 5% (some I have had a long time, have actually gone up to where I am making almost 10% on my original investment). THere is still no 20 year period where the S&P has failed to earn less than 7% compounded. I plan to live until 90 or so, so I still have way more than 20 years. The real problem with the Geezers is not outliving your money and to make sure you aren't losing much to inflation.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Yeah, China probably never heard of satellites, so they are clueless where the carriers are. Thanks, but you made my day!

Reply to
K. Lance

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

would your interest accumulate the same as or more than what you take out each year to live on,for a million bucks initially?

Reply to
Jim Yanik

harbor freight. don't forget the 20% off coupon when you go to check out.

Reply to
chaniarts

"Robert Green" wrote

I certainly hope so.

Steve/author

Reply to
Steve B

"Robert Green" wrote

Having lived in Southern Nevada and Southern California, I have seen missile plumes a couple of dozen times at least. That last "unidentified con-trail" was a missile plume.

What can you expect from sociopathic liars? You can see them take the cookies from the cookie jar. They see you see them taking the cookies, but it's "I didn't take any cookies." And they look you straight in the eye and say it.

That was a missile plume.

Reply to
Steve B

When the interest rate the bank pays is less than the rate of inflation (the real numbers, not the official ones) does it really matter?

Reply to
aemeijers

Nope, just string-searched on 'SOLIC' and 'definition SOLIC' and 'acronym SOLIC'. Mebbe it was 10 or 20 pages in, behind all the semi-paid listings. (Google isn't near as useful as it used to be...)

Reply to
aemeijers

"K. Lance" wrote in news:imvgvj$j7$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Satellites have known orbits,and can only scan a swath of ocean on each pass. Not all satellites can see through clouds,BTW. Meanwhile,the carrier is constantly moving,conducting flight operations(at

30+knots).

but keep up with the "sarcasm"..... B-)

Reply to
Jim Yanik

What is a "Tomohawk" missle? I googled it, and got nothing. I do see some posts about a "Tomahawk" missle. I would imagine that the OP would have the intelligence to know at least how to spell what he was asking about.

Or not.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?

Steve B

An interesting example of something I wrote about a while back. When you send someone to Google and they don't know exactly what they're looking for, they have a hard time finding it. I already knew what the letters meant so when I scanned the first page of results, I picked up on multiple instances of the words "Low Intensity" quickly. Try searching again and now that you know what it means, you'll see a lot of hits on the first page, unless, of course, Google really did screw up somehow. In any event, it was my fault for using an acronym without explaining it at least once. My J-prof is turning at least a few degrees in his grave. I'll try harder next time. After ten years at the five-sided wind tunnel you tend to start speaking in DoD tongues.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

The bonds in my 401K have been getting close to 5%. Other bonds in the plan have been doing 8% and better.

Interest works on all money. Granted, at 5% it's only $50K a year, but that's certainly livable.

Reply to
krw